News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian awards

Christophe

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awards of Nikolai Makarov.

Nikolai Makarov is Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces, First Deputy Defense Minister of the Russian Federation, General of the Army.

Ch.

Pic : National Defense - Oct. 2008.

Awards of Sergei Chemezov and Mikhail Kalashnikov

Sergei Chemezov is the Director General of the Rostekhnologii State Corporation. No need to introduce Mikhail Kalashnikov.

Ch.

Pic : Fuerzas de Defensa y Seguridad - #367 - November 2008

This member of "OMOH" (Russian SWAT) is wearing an odd mixture of Soviet, Russian Federation and "Umalatova" awards. The "Umalatova" awards (2 R/H medals on bottom row) are from the Ex Presidium of the Soviet Union, they're still dishing out medals!

This young junior sergeant has been awarded the Cross of St George 4th class by the President of the Russian Federation. The very first award of this decoration since 1917. He also wears the new model Guards Badge (like my avatar).

Edited by TacHel

At right: soldier of Internal Troops (national guard) wearing two Orders of Valour and on his right chest, the Badge for Distinguished Service of Interior Troops 1st class.

At left: airborne trooper wearing the Order of Valour and the Medal For Service To The Fatherland 2nd Class With Swords.

Edited by TacHel

Roman, great pics!

Question #1, Lieutenant General Alexander Viktorovich Galki, the first medal (top row), the white and gold cross on a black/yellow/white ribbon... What is that???

ADDENDA: found it! It's the "Military Order of St Nicholas". Good Lord! If I'm reading this right (article I found), descendants of the Romanovs have returned to Russia and have started issuing imperial Orders again!?!?!

"the August Founder of the Order of St. Nicholas has always valued the highest of military ministry, regardless of whether the political order there at some point in history in Russia. This is the position taken by my father rest in Bose State Vladimir Kirillovich, and that I follow and my son and heir - State Cesarevitch and the Grand Duke Georgy Mikhailovich. Therefore I wish with all my heart, on behalf of the Russian Imperial family pay tribute to the contribution of the current generation of defenders of the Fatherland in strengthening Russia's defense. Once again, having now the opportunity to be home and to the extent of our participation in the process of revival of its historic values and traditions, we felt for the benefit to the Order of St. Nicholas in the family of our Orders, while the introduction of the new statute, the rights of receipt of this Order to members of the Armed Forces of Russia for the highest individual performance in performance, bravery and courage shown in the performance of military duty, for the high combat readiness of troops and defense obezpechenie Russia, for his exemplary performance of military duty military personnel of subordinate units, parts, connections, flawless execution of their official responsibilities and to achieve high combat skills. In general order of precedence, the Russian Emperor and Holy Orders Order of St. Nicholas will be for the Order of St. Anne."

Can you believe this???? (Ed's gonna have a heart attack now...)

Question #2, the gold cross on his right chest... Isn't that a religious award??

Edited by TacHel

Colonel General Sergey Afanasevich Makarovis also wearing the Order of St Nicholas! The higher grade, on his right chest!

Roman, can you fill us in? When did the Order reappear? Was control of the Order passed back to the state? The church?

Sorry Christophe for side tracking your post, but this is incredible news!

Question #2, the gold cross on his right chest... Isn't that a religious award??

I believe it is the Order of Alexander Nevski (Ордена Святого Князя Александра Невског) of the Academy of Security, Defense, Law and Order.

Cheers.

Ch.

I found this... An article covering the 19 December 2006 investiture in the Order.

MILITARY ORDER OF ST NICHOLAS

The Order was established in exile in 1929 in response to the intentions of the Emperor Nicholas II for the participants of the First World War. Revived by the Head of the Russian Imperial House in 1991, Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna. Following the 5th anniversary of this event, his Holiness the Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia Alexy II blessed the ceremony which is now held in his cathedral. And on this day, the Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna awarded to the most outstanding officers - Defenders of the Fatherland - the Imperial Military Order of St Nicholas.

After a celebratory service, Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna presented the awards. Text on the award diplomas: "By God's grace, we, the Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna, Head of the Russian Imperial House, the Supreme Head of Russian imperial orders, by our decree, for achievements in ensuring the military security of Russia and the useful work to strengthen its power, invested (rank, name and patronymic) in the most noble Military Order of St. Nicholas (rank in the Order), to celebrate what we have personally signed and presented to this gentleman, this letter attesting to the insignia of the Order and hereditary (rank) of Nobility".

Invested were 20 prominent military commanders, combatants in the "hot spots". Among them, army general-NP Abroskin, Colonel-General AL Manilov, Lieutenant-General N. Antonenko, Cossack General VA Poluyanov, other generals and officers. Knight of the Imperial Orders of St. Nicholas and St. Anne, a full member of Russian Academy of Sciences Evgeny Petrovich Chelysheva Gosudarynya handed the letters of hereditary nobility.

After the ceremony a short conversation with Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna amply summed it up:

"Support of the Russian power has always been the army, science and education. When these three components are in harmonious development, the country reaches the highest rise in all spheres of life. I see my mission as ensuring that as far as possible, I contribute to the revival of our Motherland as a Great Power based on strength, intelligence, talent of its most illustrious sons and daughters."

Below is a picture of the Grand Duchess and some recipients.

Edited by TacHel