News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

All,

I have seen some of the miracles worked by the members of this forum. Is there a possibility this can be id'd? Perhaps a medical officer? There are the 1870 NC Ek2, (Possible Crown Order on the war aid ribbon), RAO, 1870-71 medal and the Kaiser Wilhelm centenary medal. The reason I believe it is all pre 1914 is the backer. There was never any wool backing and it is definitely not post '34.

Dan Murphy

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Daniel Murphy

Guest Rick Research

Yeah, but there were always cheapskates unwilling to spend 5 Pfennig extra!!! :cheeky:

Is the "U" catch stamped though the metal backing, or a separate piece soldered onto it?

This could actually go either way-- IF a WW1 wartime ribbon bar, chances are it's a 1914 EK2 "white-black" to a very junior 1870 veteran who was a very old Beamter (hence no long service ribbon) during WW1. Given the sort of people who got 1870 noncombatants, I don't think he'd have been still in harness in WW1 with this combination.

IF a 1930s skinflint (nobody is going to see the back of my ribbon bar) that is still a 1914 "white-black" EK2 BUT then the absence of a long service award would indicate someone like a railways employee who did not have a military long service award.

Either way, a noncombatant EK is a :jumping::love:

Thanks guys,

So the opinion is that this is 1914 NC EK2, War Aid Cross, RAO4 (or medal ?), 1870-71 war medal (?), and KW1C? My understanding is that retired senior NCO's were the ones who became Beamter. If this were an aging Beamter, the RAO would be the medal instead of the order, right? He would still have some sort of LS if retired though. Could it be an aging reserve or landwehr officer with a RAO4? Either way I would expect some sort of long service award either regular or Landwehr. Just trying to clear up some questions I have. I am no good at figuring these things out.

Dan Murphy

Edited by Daniel Murphy