News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another German uniform

Hi guys,

this photo was taken and made into a postcard, any idea what kind of uniforms the people are wearing?

Thanks

DM

whoo I just realise what a bad photo this is, I will try and upgrade it soon

Edited by David M

Hi David,

I have seen that photograph before. I thought I had it on my computer but can't find it. It is perhaps in one of the edtions of the Deutsches Soldatenjahrbuch.

Otto von M?ller, a General Staff officer was originally an officer in the 1. Garde-Regiment zu Fu? (as was the CP) and these gentlemen are wearing the uniform of that regiment.

Otto von M?ller:

Portepee-F?hnrich: 17.6.93

Sekonde-Lieutenant: 27.1.94 R3r

Oberleutnant: 18.4.03 F4f

Hauptmann: 21.3.08 T8t

Major: 19.8.14 S5s

Regards

Glenn

Hi David,

I have seen that photograph before. I thought I had it on my computer but can't find it. It is perhaps in one of the edtions of the Deutsches Soldatenjahrbuch.

Otto von M?ller, a General Staff officer was originally an officer in the 1. Garde-Regiment zu Fu? (as was the CP) and these gentlemen are wearing the uniform of that regiment.

Otto von M?ller:

Portepee-F?hnrich: 17.6.93

Sekonde-Lieutenant: 27.1.94 R3r

Oberleutnant: 18.4.03 F4f

Hauptmann: 21.3.08 T8t

Major: 19.8.14 S5s

Regards

Glenn

Hi Glenn!!!

Well that is a great found! Otto von M?ller became the CP's trustee, next to Louis von M?ldner. The two adjudanten worked together during the exile and the Otto von M?ller, who was born in 1875 lived to 1976(!!) any idea if he would appear on one of the Stammliste of the 1 GRzF (if such a thing exists) to see what his NCO career was like?

Again many thanks for you copy you send me privately from the Stammliste with georgs details on it! it contained some very interesting new elements!!

BTW, I take it all the promotions of Otto were in the 1GRzF?

Thanks again

David

Hi David,

any idea if he would appear on one of the Stammliste of the 1 GRzF (if such a thing exists) to see what his NCO career was like?

I wish you had have asked me that question this time last week. I don't own a copy of the 1. G.R.z.F. Stammliste but had a copy in my hands on Monday at the Deutsche B?cherei in Leipzig. I typed into my laptop only the basic career details and most importantly the first names of nearly 500 officers of that regiment. Otto von M?ller spent the early part of his career in 1. G.R.z.F. before being officially assigned to the Generalstab around 1908.

Incidentally that is where I also handled a copy of the Kaiser-Alexander-Garde-Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 1 Stammliste from which I transcribed the information I sent you regarding Georg.

Regards

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Well yeah that would have been easier I guess (so stupid of me, I completely forgot, you told me you were going there for the Stammliste....)anyway, If you have the title of the book you used, I am sure I can work out something at a German library....

Thanks

David

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

this photo was taken and made into a postcard, any idea what kind of uniforms the people are wearing?

Thanks

DM

whoo I just realise what a bad photo this is, I will try and upgrade it soon

David,

I own a postcard of that photo, but I don't have a scan of it. I'll try to scan it tomorrow (it's locked up at my office) and I'll post it here for you.

Mike

Edited by Mike Dwyer

The other officer is the later Hauptmann Wedigo von Wedel, born 19 Dec 1878 at Kannenberg and killed in action as the company commander of 6./1. G.R.z.F. on 30 Aug 1914 at St.-Quentin.

Portepee-F?hnrich: 21.4.98

Sekonde-Lieutenant/Leutnant: 27.1.99 C6c

Oberleutnant: 19.8.09 N4n

Hauptmann: 1.10.13 V25v

Regards

Glenn

That's great both of you!! I like the clos-up of M?ller!!! He is mentioned time and again in the account Louis made on the exile of the CP, as M?ller went up and down to Berlin and Oels. To finally have a clear image of him is great!!!

Regards

David