News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spanish Made Nazi EK2

sftrooper86

Hello,

Can anyone tell me about this medal? When were they made? Who were they issued to? Any other relevant information would be appreciated. Please post your photos if you have one too!

Thank you,

Vince

spanishmade.jpg

spanishmadereverse.jpg

Hello Vince,

This cross and many others were made in Spain, and still making them as a replacements for Blue Division veterans. There are many different variations, from the nice quality to the terrible crude types. I guess, the older, the better.

I hope this has been helpful.

Regards,

Dolfek.

Hello Vince,

This cross and many others were made in Spain, and still making them as a replacements for Blue Division veterans. There are many different variations, from the nice quality to the terrible crude types. I guess, the older, the better.

I hope this has been helpful.

Regards,

Dolfek.

Thank you Dolfek,

Can you estimate a date of manufacture on this cross? Do you have a photo of another?

Happy Hunting,

Vince

That looks like a single-piece cast item.

I can state FOR CERTAIN that these were still being made in 1999 by a firm in Madrid and said firm was ONE of the sources of the British-ordered and now infamous "333" and "666" EK2s floating about. You could tell by the ribbons and the thinner, easily tarnished + bent edges.

This piece here looks almost home-made.

That looks like a single-piece cast item.

I can state FOR CERTAIN that these were still being made in 1999 by a firm in Madrid and said firm was ONE of the sources of the British-ordered and now infamous "333" and "666" EK2s floating about. You could tell by the ribbons and the thinner, easily tarnished + bent edges.

This piece here looks almost home-made.

Hello,

I wish we could get some other members who own these crosses to post some photos. It is just such a unique item and I have never seen another. Thank you for your additional information about the possible maker, very interesting.

This piece is quite crudely manufactured as mentioned. There is no way it could fool even the most inexperienced collector into thinking it was a German made EK2. This lends creedance to my belief that it really is a war time/early postwar piece.

It looks like it was painted with a paint brush! If you look closely you can find spots where the black paint got on the "silver" frame. Even though it is a one piece cross, the workmanship leaves something to be desired. They used brass rings where the German's used silver. A hole was drilled into the top of the cross for the rings. No respectable German EK maker would ever do such a thing, even during the last days of the war.

spanishmadefrontclose.jpg

spanishmadereverseclose.jpg

The pin device is also made from brass and is exactly like other war time Spanish made decorations I have seen. It is very unique to the Spanish. The reverse of this pin device is also quite crudely made. The brass pin is not finished at the point, its just snipped off and perhaps had the sharp point buffed a bit.

spanishmadepinfront.jpg

spanishmadepinreversecl.jpg

This has been a fascinating study for me and would like to put out a call to other collectors to please post photos of their Spanish made EK2s.

Thank you,

Vince