News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Deputy Superintendent (Officiating) K. P. Singh, Uttar Pradesh Police

I never intended to build a collection of medals to the Indian Police, never really wanted them. But the universe had other plans for me, and a number of nice Indian police medal groups have come my way. I'll be posting several here.

Deputy Superintendent (Officiating) Khyatendra Pal Singh Singh, Uttar Pradesh Police

While the previous custodian did a very poor mounting job, it is still a nice group.

Police Medal for Gallantry

K. P. Singh, Dy. S.P. (Offg.), U.P.

Not. No. 61-Pres./60 of 11 October 1960 (GoI 15 October 1960, p. 232):

"Shri Khyatendra Pal Singh, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Officiating), Agra, Uttar Pradesh.

"On receipt of information at about 13:00 hours on the 21st March 1960, that the gang of the notorious dacoit Balwanta, who was wanted in several cases of dacoity, murder and kidnapping in Uttar Pradesh was in the ravines of River Utangan near villages Behari and Chamarpura, Shri Khyatendra Pal Singh, Circle Officer, Fatehabad, District Agra, accompanied by the Station Officer of Police Station Fatehabad and the available force, including P.A.C., immediately proceeded to the ravines. The force was divided into four parties. Two of the parties lay in ambush on the likely routes of escape of the gang and the other two parties, one under the command of Sri Khyatendra Pal Singh himself, proceeded to close in from two sides and strike at the gang. At about 16:45 hours the dacoits noticed the police force advancing towards them and immediately opened fire on the party led by Sri Khyatendra Pal Singh. Undaunted by the firing and unmindful of his personal safety he continued his advance toward the dacoits. Balwanta, the leader of the gang, who had taken up a commanding position, continued to fire wildly at the police party. Sri Khyatendra Pal Singh at great personal risk came up close to the dacoits and succeeded in shooting down Balwanta. The rest of the gang managed to escape through the ravines. One DBBL 12 bore gun with a large quantity of ammunition was found with Balwanta.

"In the brief and successful encounter Sri Khyatendra Pal Singh exhibited exemplary courage, leadership and devotion to duty at great personal risk."

Police (Special Duty) Medal - JAMMU & KASHMIR

Unnamed as usual. Ribbon mounted reversed

Independence Medal, 1950

Unnamed as usual. Mounted with the medal reversed and on the wrong ribbon (QSA).