News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Police Special Duty: Punjab

...if indeed it is official at all. I would be surprised if it was an official issue piece.

Still, a nice little medal. I assume for tough work in the Punjab, dealing with bandits etc..

It's "clunky", made of a base metal and feels "waxy", but a piece I rather like.

They are all quite nasty. (And I refer to the quality of manufacture, though I could go beyond that.) So far as I can tell, none are officially made. They are all made up by police for award to themselves. Likewise, there is no formal notification of new clasps and no one (quite literally) has any a clue what clasps exist; there seem to be at least sixteen (Haynes & Chhina, pp. 118-20). I suspect local police just concoct new clasps so they can have more medals. Yet, the names of all recipients of this unnamed medal have to be published in the Gazette of India. Go figure. :banger:

In addition, there are no multi-clasp medals. If you get it for Punjab, you wear the Punjab medal. If you then get it for Jammu and Kashmir, you add that medal. If you get it again for Punjab, you add a third medal. See the attached ribbon bar (not a good scan, sorry). :banger:

We believe the same approach will be taken for the unfortunately named "Police Antrik Suraksha Seva Padak" or "Police Internal Security Medal". It is (understandalbly) widely known by its Hindi abbreviation as the "Police ASS Medal".

........."you had a 50:50 chance".

Ooops-

Thanks,

...story of my life really... :rolleyes:

Actually, you see it in wear (in India, where there's no excuse for ignorance) as often wrong as right. Same with the other unbalanced ribbons. A good reason to have all ribbons symmetrical?