News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A South Korean Meter Maid

My cousin sent me this picture because of the ribbon bar. He said she was a Seoul meter maid. Having had a look at her I doubt she's on traffic duty and suspect she may not even be a cop. Still, it's an interesting ribbon bar. Off to Antonio's ribbon charts!

• 1 year later...

Whatever she does - she's a d....d sight better looking then the ones in London ! Anything else from Korea ?

Hi Mervyn,

Taking the opportunity to "rebrowse" some of the earlier postings. as far as things from Korea, here are some items that may be of interest to some. The Korean AF Security Police badge was patterened after the USAF Air Police badge. I'm told the brassard translates to Military Police.

(BTW: I think I may have posted these pics before somewhere, but hope no one will get offended by the "double posts"):blush:

Ed

She appears to be a police officer of the South Korean National Police Agency. It may be an older photo because the ones on their web site show them wearing white shirts. The badge is exactly the same as the one on their web site which states that badge was adopted in 2001.

According to their web site, her rank is Police Officer. Why the lowest rank has two rank emblems is, to me, a bit odd, but the next highest rank, senior police officer, has three. :unsure:

Edited by Mike Dwyer

She appears to be a police officer of the South Korean National Police Agency. It may be an older photo because the ones on their web site show them wearing white shirts. The badge is exactly the same as the one on their web site which states that badge was adopted in 2001.

According to their web site, her rank is Police Officer. Why the lowest rank has two rank emblems is, to me, a bit odd, but the next highest rank, senior police officer, has three. :unsure:

Here's another interesting bit of trivia concerning rank structures-specifically the U.S. Texas Rangers. (From the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum FAQ)

http://www.texasranger.org/visitor/FAQ.htm

Are there any Ranger privates?

Not any more. The rank of private—or just "Ranger"—was eliminated some years ago. The ranks run Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain and Chief (or Senior Captain) of the Texas Rangers. One has to have superior credentials to become a Texas Ranger. Some law enforcement personnel with advanced rank had entered the Rangers as "privates." This was a poor reflection on their accomplishments, so it was decided to begin the Ranger ranks with sergeant.

Ed