News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 4 years later...

Hello Gents,

what do you think of this 2cl ?

height: 61 mm

width: 57 mm

weight: 45.2 gr

The measurements are o.k. but what would be the maker? The round pattern beneath the red enamel on the back would indicate Godet, but neither the completely red enameled rose nor the golden rose inside the blue enameled ring fit .

Hello gents (and friends of nice enameled roses),

to reactivate this theme, I would like to introduce to you my latest purchase.

Of course, it looks quite unspectacular, but the "Kriegervereinskreuz Lippe-Detmold" is quite a rare bird.

Unfortunately this bar is unnamed. The bar looks like an official (teacher...) or a doctor (indeed, I found one Dr.med. in the list).

Best regards

Roman

Can anyone explain the award criteria for this cross?

Thanks!

@ Utopis

It is a good one without doubts. Schwark shows exactly your type in his book, too and if you search within this topic, you will find an example with chiffre LA backwards.

The cross is an older one, made by Carl Büsch, Hannover. The enameled center of the rose is the clear evidence.

Is it a golden or silver gilden cross? And do you have a name of the former owner?

@redeagleorder

For sure the owner must have been a honourable member of a local Detmolder "Kriegerverein" (veteran´s club).

Once I will have access to Schwark´s book I can translate the important requirements stated in the statutes, if you wish.

Best regards

Roman

Edited by Solomon

Hi Matthew,

I checked the statutes and my assumption was correct...for honorable, long-time members of one of Detmold´s veteran-club.
    The cross had to be returned after death and was awarded only 226 times.

Best regards

Roman

Guest Rick Research

And when the Detmold Rolls--which contain notations on RETURNS--are printed (this year, Daniel?) there shall be weeping and lamentation.

Folks, get your Lippe N-O-W, when (and IF!) you can FIND it!!!!

And when the Detmold Rolls--which contain notations on RETURNS--are printed (this year, Daniel?) there shall be weeping and lamentation.

Folks, get your Lippe N-O-W, when (and IF!) you can FIND it!!!!

FORGET IT!!!

I already have an option on EVERY piece of Lippe-Detmold, which will be sold in the future :-)

Below you will find an nice example (I´m pretty sure, Rick will like it).....ooooooh, is there a mistake in the award-date?????!!!!!! :-)

Best regards

Roman

I :jumping::love: it! Next question: can you get the family to RELEASE post 11.11.18 award lists?

:anmatcat:

But this would result into a second project...the award list post 1918 exist and I know, that an access is possible.

Best regards

Roman

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: What's this "SECOND project" kemo sabe***? MY work is done and in the hands of Daniel. I'm volunteering you for this. :whistle::cheeky:

(***Lone Ranger TV joke. Obscure American humor....)

:Cat-Scratch: What's this "SECOND project" kemo sabe***? MY work is done and in the hands of Daniel. I'm volunteering you for this. :whistle::cheeky:

(***Lone Ranger TV joke. Obscure American humor....)

Ah...then I have to talk to Daniel...Is the list for the cross for heroic deeds already done? I still have the plan to digitalize it (the 1st project with higher priority), although it is going to be tough.

I don´t know, if it is really paying to have list of theawards post 1918, because most of the awards (especially the house order) were politically motivated.

Best regards

Roman

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: But WE wake up at 2:51 A.M. with a NEED to KNOW! Saaaayyyyy... what kind of a Research Gnome ARE you? :angry::shame:

:cheeky:

I have yet to turn any mention up, but our Fellow Creature Solomon was the first recipient of the Ludvigsen Prize for research... on Lippe Detmold.

:whistle: So far I´m not yet dreaming of any research, so I sleep quite well...and I still have two pieces in my collection, which I cannot ID (pre-1918)...that´s hard enough.

Best regards

Roman

:whistle: So far I´m not yet dreaming of any research, so I sleep quite well...and I still have two pieces in my collection, which I cannot ID (pre-1918)...that´s hard enough.

Best regards

Roman

This one is simply killing me...no possibility to ID it :angry:

But nevertheless it is a nice bar, of course with Lippe-Detmold.

Best regards

Roman

Guest Rick Research

Oh? Do you think so? :whistle: Not impossible, I think-- from the XXI and Krz AllgEZ. :cat:

MOW for Gnome Work! :anmatcat:

Guest Rick Research

So. I'm back. I have it down to 172...

BUT your medal bar is NOT in lippe precedence-- that is a PRUSSIAN with ONE Detmold award, and 21 years of NCO service in the Prussian army. I think basically you could eliminate ALL the Detmolders rmaining of the 172 I've got it down to (other Detmold awards, this Medal returned, too young for 1866, Saxons, Waldeck lackeys etc etc etc) and just concentrate on finding Prussians with the KrzAEz and AEz and long army service. :cat:

:anmatcat: