News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Opinions on CEJ SC in Bronze

shaneos3

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2009/post-6660-1242453178.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2009/post-6660-1242453188.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/post-160-1115921539.jpgAny comments about this Spanich Cross in Bronze from CEJ?

Shane,

Larger PICS with some details would be better so you can get valid opinions, but I don't have a good feeling for this one already.

Based on the current PICS, there are areas that look wrong for CEJ, but I would need larger/better PICS to make sure.

Tim

Hi Tim B, here is a closer pic of spanish cross in bronze, note the eagles are the seperately applied brass type that i have seen before on CEJ crosses that have been cleaned over the years but I dont have another at the moment to compare it with. I will be interested to hear your further comments.

Shaneos3

Well Shane,

I'd wait for others like Jacques to comment here, but in my opinion, this one is definately a bad one as initially thought.

- The eagle styles are wrong for CEJ (Juncker).

- The center swastika is wrong for CEJ as is the roundel.

- The catch is wrong (may be replaced, but I think it is original to this cross).

- The CEJ mark is pretty distinctive and I can't see yours too well here, but I assume it probably is not good either.

I'll post a couple PICS of my silver CEJ 900 for comparsion, but there are a few threads here in the Spanish section for comparison.

Tim

Here's a closeup of the center and note the eagles, roundel, and swastika. Note the upward slope between the swastika arms.

Tim,

Thanks,I can definitely see the difference in the swaz cut-out. Here is a pic of another spanish cross CEJ bronze currently for sale with same brass eagles and same catch though.

Regards Shaneos3

Shane,

Hard to go off of a certificate with small pictures, but with that said, the eagles and attached swastikas look correct on the cert and are not the same as the cross you show for starters.

Tim

Tim, Thanks for your info. I think the catch is the same but I agree thats probably the only thing similar. I guess I'll have to let it go. Damn.

I think I know where i can get a nice silver Spanich cross thats not as good as yours but at least probably real.

Regards, Shaneos3