News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Marineküstenpolizei / Feldgendarmerie

Now that really is something very special !

Any background on your GFP man?

I know for sure from supporting documentation that came with mine that he was in fact a member of the Gestapo and returned to the Gestapo after his stint with the GFP. I believe attachments from the various state security organs to the GFP was common.

Hi Gordon,

Not had time to research my GFP man yet, but I don't think he was from any SiPo organisation. More than likely part of intake from regular army given that he was made a "Hilfsfeldpolizeibeamten." WP has some nice entries and GFP stamps. Unfortunately, can't seem to post much in the way of detail due to the picture size limit.

G

Unfortunately, can't seem to post much in the way of detail due to the picture size limit.

G

Suspect it may be something to do with the formatting of your images. I checked those you posted and they are only around 70KB. You should be able to post much larger images. Do you have them saved as JPEGs ?

Good Lord- a treasure trove.

As an aside, what sort of awards did gestapo types get (if any)?

There's a history PHD. thesis there ("Career Trajectories of mid-level Gestapo members:1930-45").

Superb. Particularly interesting to see your GFP man was involved in anti-partisan operations. I'm guessing he was KIA during one of these operations ?

Here is the page from mine showing his release back from the GFP to the control of the "Chef der Sicherheitspolizei und SD". This guy was only ever in occupied France so presumably involved in trying to track down resistance members etc.