News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Flammenwerfer! Flames, skulls and stuff

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 years later...

Here's the back.

The method of construction, with hand stitching, seems very similar to the official Guard Pioneer badges.

The straps relate to the Wuerttemberg Army Corps, whose state colours were of course black and red.

The black and red on the skull may be coincidental.

Minenwerfer (other than Heuschkel post-1918) didn't wear skulls, so far as I know.

I'm stumped.

Robin, the straps are for an Offizierstellvertreter belonging to the Minenwerfer Bataillon XIII

Thanks. :cheers:

They were listed as 'Minenwerfer Abteilung des XIII. Armeekorps' (???)

I'm not really that acqainted with Imperial army formations.

It's really the TK I'm interested in. It's an oddity.

In 1917, the Minenwerfer Bataillon XIII was fighting together with a Sturmbataillon and Flammenwerfertrupps at the Hartmannsweilerkopf.

November 10, 1917

"Ein weiteres gro?es, neues Unternehmen auf der Kuppe startet vom LIR 124. Vier Sto?trupps

von 4 Offizieren 120 Mann mit 38 Mann vom Sturmbataillon XVI, 18 Pioniere und 8

Flammenwerfer werden eingesetzt. Die gr?ndliche Ausbildung am ?bungswerk Ollweiler

sollte jetzt Erfolg zeigen. Zerst?rungsschie?en durch das Minenwerferbataillon XIII und

3 Batterien Artillerie hielt den Feind nieder. "

Edited by Naxos

In 1917, the Minenwerfer Bataillon XIII was fighting together with a Sturmbataillon and Flammenwerfertrupps at the Hartmannsweilerkopf.

November 10, 1917

"Ein weiteres gro?es, neues Unternehmen auf der Kuppe startet vom LIR 124. Vier Sto?trupps

von 4 Offizieren 120 Mann mit 38 Mann vom Sturmbataillon XVI, 18 Pioniere und 8

Flammenwerfer werden eingesetzt. Die gr?ndliche Ausbildung am ?bungswerk Ollweiler

sollte jetzt Erfolg zeigen. Zerst?rungsschie?en durch das Minenwerferbataillon XIII und

3 Batterien Artillerie hielt den Feind nieder. "

Thanks again! :cheers: