News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Flammenwerfer! Flames, skulls and stuff

Here's one I wish I'd bought. It went on auction back when I was collecting only flamethrower photos, so I passed on it. There seems to be an endless number of unofficial shock-troop badges.

The skull looks like a perforated bicycle seat! :rolleyes:

Chip

Here's one I wish I'd bought. It went on auction back when I was collecting only flamethrower photos, so I passed on it. There seems to be an endless number of unofficial shock-troop badges.

Interesting!

The badge below isn't exactly the same, but is similar. It came with a group of German WW1 stuff many years ago.

American Tank Destroyer unit, as I recall .............. despite the old German newspaper cutting pasted on to the back !! :rolleyes:

I found it in one of your old threads about unknown skull badges in WAF. Not longer a mystery.....:D

Edited by Sergeant 08

Tom.

I just found this from my files .............. looks a bit similar.

Tom.

The cuff on your photo appears to be of the pioneers, while the man in the photo I posted is infantry.

A lot of divisional shock detachments included both infantry and pioneers who wore the same unofficial insignia...

Tom.

In the colour photo, the cloth used for the cuff, and the sleeve appear to be different colours. The piping appears to be unevenly applied. Together, these two issues suggest the original cuff was removed at some time, and altered or reworked. This is typical of many costume house pieces that have been altered for movie use, and later "restored." Consequently, I be leery of trusting the sleeve badge all that much.

In the colour photo, the cloth used for the cuff, and the sleeve appear to be different colours. The piping appears to be unevenly applied. Together, these two issues suggest the original cuff was removed at some time, and altered or reworked. This is typical of many costume house pieces that have been altered for movie use, and later "restored." Consequently, I be leery of trusting the sleeve badge all that much.

That's why I collect only period photos. I can always tell what's real.

Do you still remember?

The tunic was offered as Flammenwerfer.

I didn't remember that................ must have been a few years ago.

I found the old photo from some of the pictures I saved from the WAF when I was still a member there.

Just looked a bit similar to the picture Thomas posted.

Robin,

Those markings on the pennant don't make a lot of sense to me either. I suppose the "K" in the regimental abbreviation could stand for "Königin", but the order of the letters doesn't seem right.I have never before seen any stamps (the red date) on the actual body of the pennant. My issue lance pennant is made from cotton linen. From the looks of the mothing, yours is made from wool. Lots of questions about this one.

Maybe the "K" stands for "Kombination"? :rolleyes:

Chip

I didn't remember that................ must have been a few years ago.

I found the old photo from some of the pictures I saved from the WAF when I was still a member there.

Just looked a bit similar to the picture Thomas posted.

I had saved all pictures.

b1e1s3cwkkgrhqiokjweogh.jpg

b1e1vzwewkkgrhquokjseok.jpg

b1e2cqqwkkgrhqyokjeolfj.jpg

b1e2d6g2kkgrhqqoknue5t1.jpg

b1e2oogb2kkgrhqqoknme5q.jpg

b1e3gwwkkgrhqmokm4ew980.jpg

Edited by Sergeant 08