News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

I am considering to have done a mistake by buying this badge here.I couldn?t do pics of it first,so had to do comparison with printed matter when I bought it.There are 2 things strange to me,it?s the shape of the catch and the connect between the swaz and the right foot.Any comments appreciated....

I would like to see a reverse shot, but going on the pictures supplied... it looks like an original.

The connecting piece of metal between the right talon and the swas is a characteristic of found on Pilots's badges by BSW. Saying that, this characteristic can also be found on fakes, so a shot of the reverse setup would go a long way in determining whether right or wrong.

In the meantime, here's one for comparison.

JD in regard to my pics I understand your comments as sign of perfect manners :beer:

Thanks for the comments!Do you think the repair to be period?

Regards

Again "nice badge" Dan - repair appears period to me. I like it! :jumping:

ERIC

Hi Dan,

With or without the "swaz bridge", both are just fine. The ones with the bridge just weren't hand finished THAT closely, that's all. You are correct, mine does not have the bridge and indeed has the typical backwards question mark catch.

ERIC

I personally think the 'bridge' is there on purpose and only on later badges, especially zinc, as a strengthening measure. I have seen 2 styles of catch on tombac examples, the ? and a straight-up and over catch. If I get light tomorrow I'll post a pic of what I mean.

I like your badge mucho, nice patina and even though a repair to the pin/hinge, a nice badge.

Rich