News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Medical Service Uniforms and Insignia

I believe this strawbery piping to be medical general service; instead the caducea with red piping would be medical service within the infantry (or tanks in the case of black piping) division.

It is sewn to the uniform. But I don't see any signs of messing with it. I have a lot of Soviet Medical service uniforms that I'll start posting here.

:beer: Doc

Based upon his ribbons, he may be trackable! No WW2 affilation either. Chances are that he may still be alive? I can hardly wait to see your other pieces!

Seb...

WOW! Why does that 1958 tunic have a green branch color?

about the 1969 uniform: the medals don't belong to the uniform, but they are a set coming from A.Merezhko which belonged to a another real doctor from Kiev. I just put the medals on the jacket for photo purpose. The real doctor was a lieutenant-colonel.

about the 1969 uniform: the medals don't belong to the uniform, but they are a set coming from A.Merezhko which belonged to a another real doctor from Kiev. I just put the medals on the jacket for photo purpose. The real doctor was a lieutenant-colonel.

The Doctor was a Stalingrad vet?!

may I add one to these lovelies? M22 Komdiv from Moscow region.

I also have a navy m43 parade with green stripes on the epaulets that would go with a medical officer but not the snake & chalice. Maybe another technical branch...or one went with epaulets that were close enough.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely beautiful!!! BTW, I love the IDMT badge(Level 5, right?) in your avatar!

Hi Paul,

It's the Sr. Medical Technician Badge. The next one up is Chief/Master (I can't remember which until I wake up) Medical Technician Badge. It has a wreath around the star. I would have to be an E-7 or higher for that.

Hi Paul,

It's the Sr. Medical Technician Badge. The next one up is Chief/Master (I can't remember which until I wake up) Medical Technician Badge. It has a wreath around the star. I would have to be an E-7 or higher for that.

Is that an automatic upgrade, when one gets promoted?