News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

THE LIVERPOOL PALS.

Guest charlie m

Hello rumjar nice badges mate any chance you can post pictures of the backs of them as i wish to purchase one soon.

regards

cm

Guest charlie m

Very nice good collection so far rumjar :cheers:

Edited by charlie m

I've been waiting for this thread rumjar, I particularly like the sweetheart brooch, & call me a girl but I like the embroiderd panel too.

Which does'nt mean that I don't like the badges, can you show & tell more detail of the cap badges?

Most of us know that initial issues were in silver, then bronzed brass, but not much else.

Tell us more. started the collection in what way - & what's the shoulder patch?

Tom was my grans brother his photo hung on the wall in her living room

when i would ask who he was she would cry.

in 1973 i asked my mother and she told me it was tom baker,he was in the pals.

I went in a military shop and asked about the pals luckly there was a old man,

by the name of charle he told me all about them and i was hooked.

the first item i come across was silver badge cost me a weeks wages.

the shoulder patch is the 19th batt.

joe.

I thought it'd be a relative, you've obviously researched him?

19th (Service) Bn (3rd City) Lverpool Regiment were 89 Bde, 30 Div, started the Battle of the Somme on 1st July 1916 as Brigade carriers for a few days.

Heavy losses when they attacked towards Arrow Head Copse at 04:45 hrs on 30th July, reached their objectves, but had to evacuate due too lack of men left & with no reinforcements - noon roll call totalled 7 x officers & 43 x men - 436 casualties.

I have'nt looked at "Solders Died" but I see there are a few Thomas Bakers on CWGC.

Edited by leigh kitchen

I have researched him I even traced the the baby that was born next door to toms mothers house.

the day he got his MM.

I traced him to a fish shop and asked him his date of birth 24/03/18 he thought i was from the pools.

joe.