News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Alexander Nevsky

Megan

Орден Александра Невского

Instituted: 29 July 1942 as an award of the USSR, confirmed in the current order of precedence in 1992.

Awarded: For personal bravery and successful command in action.

The insignia is virtually identical to the original Soviet version: the only change is that the small shield at the base is now blank instead of bearing a hammer & sickle device.

Here's the USSR version for comparison purposes:

• 1 year later...

Presidential Decree number 1099 of September 7, 2009.

This is the new Order of Alexander Nevsky, ribbon mounted and bestowed in a single grade (class). Quite similar to the original imperial design.

post-3030-070528600 1292554625_thumb.jpg

My apologies, to date, I haven't found a decent size picture.

Interesting - they've changed the ribbon as well on this one; whereas with the other orders revised at the same time the ribbon for the former 1st class has been retained as the ribbon of the new single-class order.

Here's the imperial model, well, one version anyway. The modern award has modified eagles and for some reason, the rider goes the opposite way. I think the imperial model did not have the central yellow stripe on the red ribbon. (Can somebody confirm this?)

post-3030-048063800 1292786678_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
    • 3 years later...

Here's the imperial model, well, one version anyway. The modern award has modified eagles and for some reason, the rider goes the opposite way. I think the imperial model did not have the central yellow stripe on the red ribbon. (Can somebody confirm this?)

attachicon.gifimperial order of alexander nevsky sm.jpg

I am surprised nobody has answered in the long time that has passed. The Imperial St. Alexander Nevsky ribbon was just red no stripe.

• 5 months later...
    • 9 months later...

Prob is gents, it is illegal to export Russian state awards, that's why you mostly only see ministerial or departmental level awards on the western market.  When you do see a state award, seriously question its authenticity unless from a reputable dealer/auction house with full provenance (docs).