News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dhofar, Popular Front for the Liberation of Oman

Gentlemen,

I am currrently researching the Dhofar Liberation Front (DLF), Popular Front for the Liberation of the Occupied Arabian Gulf (PFLOAG), National Democratic Front for the Liberation of Oman (NDFLOAG), Popular Front for the Liberation of Oman (PFLO) and I am endeavouring to obtain a picture of the initial two leaders of these organisations Mussalim Bin Nufl (1963-68), a former member of Sultan Saeed's household, and his successor in Mohammed Ahmed Saeed Al Ghassani (1968-1975). Does anyone have any information? I detail below a potential bibliography

? Who Dares Wins, Tony Geraghty, 1980, Arms & Armoour;

? SAS operation Oman, Colonel Tony Jeapes, 1980, The Battery Press, Inc.

? We Won a War, John Akehurst, 1982, Michael Russell;

? A History of the SAS Regiment, John Strawson, 1984, Secker & Warburg;

? Honour to the Airborne (Part 2), David Buxton, 1985, Elmdon Publishing [A5 booklet].

? The Secret War, Dhofar 1971/1972, David C. Arkless, 1988, William Kimber & Co. Ltd.

? A-Z of the SAS, Peter Darman, 1992, Sidgwick & Jackson;

? Muscat Command, Peter Thwaites, 1995, Leo Cooper.

? In the Service of the Sultan, Ian Gardiner, 2006, Pen & Sword;

There are no such pictures in Arkless, Jeapes or Thwaites books - perhaps the others may assist.

Kind regards,

Owain (OAMOTME)

Dear Tiger-pie,

Many thanks - does this book include photographs of Nufl or Ghassani?

Owain

Mate, I can't remember. It did have photos of the patrol members, and areas they were in. I was about 12 or 13 when I read it, a while ago now. Ranulph Fiennes was basically working as a mercenary for Oman, if I recall correctly, so the story is biased toward his experiances. However, I added it as you may find it an interesting angle on that particular conflict.

Regards,

TP