News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Cambodia

alex82

but one the Internet I saw also this one on the Internet...

which looks much more poorly fabricate than the one above, does anyone know more about the different versions of this medal?

I would love to know more about this wonderful medal.

Thank you

a l e x

but one the Internet I saw also this one on the Internet...

which looks much more poorly fabricate than the one above, does anyone know more about the different versions of this medal?

I would love to know more about this wonderful medal.

Thank you

a l e x

Alex,

The main difference is that some are Parisian made while others our locally made hence difference in quality.

Paul

Thank you Paul!

So you think the one above is French made an the other one was made in Indochina?

I love this Medal and the Dragon of Annam for there fine design!

I also mentioned that there are different ribbon colors used on these medals the one above is green/red/green and the other one is yellow/white/yellow, is there any meaning in this to?

Sorry for my curiosity but I'm very interested in the history of cambodia and all of indochina as I traveled laos, cambodia and vietnam so many times.

cheers :cheers:

a l e x

PS: As a relatively new user of this forum I was not sure to post this under french or SEA, so I was looking on the OMSA site where they placed it. I hope this is ok cause I love this site and really wanna play by the rules...

Thank you Paul!

So you think the one above is French made an the other one was made in Indochina?

I love this Medal and the Dragon of Annam for there fine design!

I also mentioned that there are different ribbon colors used on these medals the one above is green/red/green and the other one is yellow/white/yellow, is there any meaning in this to?

Sorry for my curiosity but I'm very interested in the history of cambodia and all of indochina as I traveled laos, cambodia and vietnam so many times.

cheers :cheers:

a l e x

PS: As a relatively new user of this forum I was not sure to post this under french or SEA, so I was looking on the OMSA site where they placed it. I hope this is ok cause I love this site and really wanna play by the rules...

You are right first French, second locally made. Whenconferred by French authorities to French citizens engaged in service in Cambodia white with orange edges, when conferred by Cambodian government red with green edges. Effectively a French colonial order so arguably should be placed in French forum.

All the best,

Paul

• 2 years later...

Alex,

The second one is lower quality, but is likely made by Delande in Paris. I base this on being identical to the parts which came out of the sale-off of the Delande shop over the past couple years.

This medal was issued for over 100 years, and manufactured by many manufactures, so there are many variations over time.

See some variations of this medal here: www.indochinamedals.com/cambodia/cm01_royal_order_of_cambodia.html