News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Working on recreating Saddam's Medal Bar

As much as I hated Saddam for killing my friend on the USS Stark in 1987, I am recreating his Medal Bar. I will have it mounted with pieces of one of his bunkers in Baghdad. My friends Son is a Lt. Colonel and sent me a small bag of concrete from the bunker under one of his main palaces. So far I have two medals and three on the way. I'm working from the last medal to the 1st. I have the Medal for cooperation, 1st class and the 1921-1971 Golden jubillee medal, 1st Class. On the way to me are The Medal for the 1973 war with Israel, The Medal for the 17 July Revolution in 1968 & The Medal of Peace with the Kurds (Gilt). Next three will be:

1.The Medal for the Palestine War, 1948-49

2.Medal for Crushing the Northern Rebellion

3.The Medal for the 14 Ramadan Revolution, 1963

Two of the last three will be inexpensive. The Wisam al-Jadara First Class will cost a bit. I will definately mount them in a frame with the pieces of his bunker as a reminder that Brian's death has been avenged, though almost a couple decades later.

:beer: Doc

Edited by Riley1965

• Replies 63
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc, contact ammarjwwad@hotmail.com. you may be surprised at the price. I think it will still be expensive, but perhaps not as much as you expect (depending of course on what you expect :unsure: ) Scott. :cheers:

Thanks Scott!!! That's who I'm dealing with. Lorenzo got me in touch with him and suggested that I start at the end of the medal bar and work my way to the first medal.

Guest IMHF

His prices are good 25-45.00 a medal average for the medal bar of Saddam, the Jadara he will not go lower then 700.00

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the medals of Saddams bar that I have so far. I'll start from the last medal and work my way towards the 1st medal. First, MEDAL FOR 1973 WAR WITH ISRAEL, 1921-1971 GOLDEN JUBILLEE MEDAL (GOLD), MEDAL FOR COOPERATION (1ST CLASS)

Next in line: MEDAL 17 JULY REVOLUTION IN 1968. Then The Medal for the Palestine War, 1948-49,

Medal for Crushing the Northern Rebellion, The Medal for the 14 Ramadan Revolution, 1963

will arrive next month. Then the 1st and second from the front will complete the bar.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Can't wait to see when it is complete..........

Lorenzo

The next three have arrived and the Bravery Medal and General Service is on it's way to me. Next will be the Wisam al-Jadara First Class.

First up...4th in order of precedence...

Medal for the Palestine War, 1948-49 / Nut Herb Filistin 1948-49

5th in order of precedence...

Medal for Crushing the Northern Rebellion / Nut Qami al-Isyian fi al-Shimal

and 6th in line...

Medal for the 14 Ramadan Revolution (1963) / Nut Thurath 14 Ramadan (1963)

:beer: Doc Riley

Edited by Riley1965

The next three have arrived and the Bravery Medal and General Service is on it's way to me. Next will be the Wisam al-Jadara First Class.

First up...4th in order of precedence...

Medal for the Palestine War, 1948-49 / Nut Herb Filistin 1948-49

5th in order of precedence...

Medal for Crushing the Northern Rebellion / Nut Qami al-Isyian fi al-Shimal

and 6th in line...

Medal for the 14 Ramadan Revolution (1963) / Nut Thurath 14 Ramadan (1963)

beer.gif Doc Riley

Doc you are almost there to complete your SH line up....

Can you post an image of what you have all ready together???

Thank you

Lorenzo

Doc you are almost there to complete your SH line up....

Can you post an image of what you have all ready together???

Thank you

Lorenzo

Sure!! Give some time to put it together. Also, Please talk to Ammar about the 6" of the Peace with Kurds ribbon I need.

Sure!! Give some time to put it together. Also, Please talk to Ammar about the 6" of the Peace with Kurds ribbon I need.

beer.gif Doc Riley

I thaught it was the ribbon for the Golden Jubilee????

Lorenzo

OOPS!!! it is the Gold and Green ribbon of the Golden Jubilee.

Here's the medals I have for the replica of Saddam's medal bar. The bottom two medals are the next in line of precedence.

Here's the medals I have for the replica of Saddam's medal bar. The bottom two medals are the next in line of precedence.

beer.gif Doc

Very nice!!!

Lorenzo

• 2 weeks later...

My friend was a Major in a Medical Brigade and sent me these pieces of Saddam's bunker wall. He's a LT. Colonel now. I am going to include these pieces of the bunker with my replica of Saddam's Medal Bar. I'll also put a picture of Brian and Saddam in the display.