News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cased 1930s White Rose of Finland Knight

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

One thing about getting mail delivered after dark, called away from the dinner table to sign for Unexpected Parcels is the additional drama signing for surprises by lamp light provides. :Cat-Scratch:

Now who do we know who likes to torture us by showing the outside first? :rolleyes:

Here are the top and bottom of the case:

[attachmentid=17762][attachmentid=17761]

Guest Rick Research

Closeup of the embossed lid design, and inverted colors for contrast of the Finnish arms:

[attachmentid=17764][attachmentid=17763]

Guest Rick Research

Noooo. (That's why HE is the Evil Twin, folks! :rolleyes: )

Close ups, front and back:

[attachmentid=17770][attachmentid=17771]

Guest Rick Research

:jumping::jumping::jumping:

[attachmentid=17772][attachmentid=17773]

I cannot show this 1930s Knight of the Finnish Order of the White Rose in all its :love::love::love: splendor, because I can only scan and so the OPENED A. Tillander case with its mobile "easel" plush bottom which raises to display this enamel and silver gilt jewel is beyond my skills.

For reasons known ONLY to the madmen of the Finnish Assay Authorities, the hallmarks are on the JUMP ring. That's right-- on the side of the tiny ring soldered to the top arm of the cross. Impossible to scan. I can make out the silver content "813H," the Helsinki "canoe," a tiny crown, and Tillander's "A.T." initials, but the ? date mark is a blob.

I'm not really into finnish awards, but I still like their quality, especially with these earlyer ones. :cheers:

Torture you say? Who would ever do such a thing? I hear it is against international law and the Geneva convention..

Guest Rick Research

:cheers: Yes, the Guilty Party has checked in! Many thanks to Antti. :jumping::jumping::cheers:

The quality of this Order is fabulous. The rolling tongues and every little tooth and tuft of fur...

[attachmentid=17841]

For reasons known ONLY to the madmen of the Finnish Assay Authorities, the hallmarks are on the JUMP ring. That's right-- on the side of the tiny ring soldered to the top arm of the cross.

Lovely set - well done !

Slightly :off topic: : more madmen are about as the same procedure goes for Belgian orders ... it's not just the Finns - I agree it's far from the ideal way of properly hallmarking the odd item !