News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

@ Seeheld: magnificent trapezoidal bar... even better with the Godet miniatures! :speechless1:

@ Komtur: that's a rare bar... very, very nice! I guess you made a lot of Bavarian collectors very gelous... :whistle: Fortunately I am not one of them... :rolleyes:

That one is quite cute :love:

I´ve got only a few, for instance that typical bavarien one. To wear with or without medals, unfortunately I purchased it without. Even if the ribbons are glued, it looks origin.

Regards, Komtur.

Hi

Please forgive my ignorance, but what makes this one Bavarian? The first is Oldenburg, right? Did not the bavarians like the sachsons wear their one ones first and then the lesser countries (such as Prussia :-))

... what makes this one Bavarian? ...

The first one seems to be a knight class of the Bavarien St. Michael, the 4th and the 5th are bavarian too: long service and 1866 cross. Additionaly IMO the metal edges on the left and right of this bar is typical bavarian style.

Regards, Komtur.

That one is quite cute :love:

I´ve got only a few, for instance that typical bavarien one. To wear with or without medals, unfortunately I purchased it without. Even if the ribbons are glued, it looks origin.

Regards, Komtur.

This one is amazing Komtur!!!:beer:

Here is my only Bavarian bar what is "with or without style".... I got it without and I have at the moment two awards found for that.... need other two:whistle: Good luck to me with the first award:cheeky: Old enemy can be allie just after few years time:o

But what makes it more special is the attachment system - very early version!!!

157076879ff55b_l.jpg

15707689159f47_l.jpg

The first one seems to be a knight class of the Bavarien St. Michael, the 4th and the 5th are bavarian too: long service and 1866 cross. Additionaly IMO the metal edges on the left and right of this bar is typical bavarian style.

Regards, Komtur.

Ah BSMO in stead of OHVP! :-) Thanks for clearing that up :-)

:Cat-Scratch: Seeheld, are you in Tsingtau, China. Right now?!

Are you browsing through the resale shops or antiquity stores? :rolleyes:

Yes, you are right, but here and also in Tientsin is nothing for us collectors. :banger: :banger:

Regards Seeheld

Yes, you are right, but here and also in Tientsin is nothing for us collectors. :banger: :banger:

Regards Seeheld

Fascinating that you are there. (business or pleasure? -but don't answer if it is too personal of a question.)

And from what I understand, you can't go into some of the historical buildings or have access to the old defenses because they are located where the "new" military defenses are -and they are secured areas.

I hope you continue to have a safe journey.

Claudio,

Your new 2 BIIIG ones are really AMAZING!!!

Who was he? No prince, no General, a "simple" Captain at a Cadet School!

Karl von Flotow, born 1873, in 1914 Capt at Kadettenhaus Karlsruhe, Major a.D. after WW1.

Had RAO4, KO4, Joh, HEK3, AB3b, MG3, OV3b, EH3a, SLH3, DD3, RumK4, SE4, SMV1 before the war, no idea what he did in WW1 and if he got more awards.

Greetings

Daniel

Claudio,

Your new 2 BIIIG ones are really AMAZING!!!

Who was he? No prince, no General, a "simple" Captain at a Cadet School!

Karl von Flotow, born 1873, in 1914 Capt at Kadettenhaus Karlsruhe, Major a.D. after WW1.

Had RAO4, KO4, Joh, HEK3, AB3b, MG3, OV3b, EH3a, SLH3, DD3, RumK4, SE4, SMV1 before the war, no idea what he did in WW1 and if he got more awards.

Greetings

Daniel

Lieber Daniel,

Thanks for your kind reply... actually another GMIC member informed me about this officer, but I didn't have the chance to update this thread. Sorry for not telling this before; I hope you didn't loose to much time with the research. Thank you very much, anyway! ;)

It's really incredible that such a mere captain of the army had such an array of orders... It could be that this Kadettenhaus received a lot of visits of Foreign VIP or from other German states... :whistle:

C