News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

BSA WM20 1942 Restoration

Nice photo. Note the field stand attached the the top rail of the rear sub-frame, a feature of military-spec M20s. Here are members of I./Fallschirmj?ger-Rgt 2 with a captured BSA M20 after their victory on Leros on 17.11.1943.

PK

• 2 years later...

What a magnificent restoration - far better than I can ever hope to achieve on my WM20 If you still swing by this forum I would be very interested to hear from you.

I have put a link up in the Members websites links section about the BSA M20's we are restoring in Birmingham UK their home town of manufacture, I would also be seeking permission to use some of the pics of rare bits you have posted in this thread in our 'Rare Bits Pics' photo album - hopefully a lasting online reference library of those hard to find bits for BSA WM20's and other UK WWII warbikes.

We hope to ride our 2 WM20's to Berlin next summer from Birmingham via the D Day beaches - retracing the trail of leaking oil left by the original bikes! The project seems to be snowballing a bit and there may well end up being more than 2 bikes making the run. All sponsorship is welcome and it looks like we may have a TV deal in the pipeline with UK Channel 5's 5th Gear program producer.

All the best and thanks for this wonderful thread - heartens me a lot! :cheers:

Cheers

Chris C.

Edited by Gusbucket13

• 1 month later...

Dear Chris,

Sure, feel free to use my photos for referance. Here is a link with more photos:

http://www.jsl210.com/spjall/viewtopic.php?t=1362

I used a lot of NOS and rare parts in this restoration. I just managed to find the most rare part of them all,

or the early brass military contract dataplate, that was originally riveted to the rear tail mudguard piece. My bike

was made in a batch of 6000 bikes under contract "C9310" so that is the number I should have.

Just finding a real dataplate is hard, let alone your correct number, but I got lucky:

SNV10193.jpg

This is where it will be mounted:

DSC02014.jpg

Hope you like this little update. I hope the bike will be running this summer. I managed to get a personal licence

plate for it:

BSA

M20

Regards

Hinrik

• 2 weeks later...

After getting a copy of the bikes partslist, I was able to make up a long-long list of parts I needed...and since I was working in England for 3 years and went regularily to auto-jumbles and found parts threre. After buying parts for 2 years, I fealt I could start on the bike, and now after 2 more years...this is what it is looking like:

Wow this bike is beautiful, you are doing an awesome job on it. Cant wait to see it when it is complete.

Lorenzo

Can you do a youtube video when you start it up for the first time? I would love to here it crank up...

Lorenzo

I was lucky enough to find a very good condition original WWII muffler (silencer) The baffles inside the old once are more complicated then

in the new repro / aftermarket mufflers, so a bike fitted with a new muffler will not sound the same as it originally did. Mine will have the

correct "WWII sound" haha.

Thank you so much for sharing your hobby: It is a very beautiful piece of military history. You have done a great job on preserving it.

Lorenzo

• 2 years later...

TO MODERATORS:

PLEASE REMOVE THE ABOVE INDIA ADVRETISEMENT! I DO NOT WANT TO BE ACCOCIATED WITH THIS PERSON!

HE HAS A BAD REPUTATION. JUST GOOGLE HIS NAME AND YOU WILL SEE FOR YOUSELF.

Regards

Hinrik

• 3 weeks later...