News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

British Army Victorian NCO rank insignia

Does anyone on the forum have interest in Victorian NCO embroidered rank insignia? I've always considered these insignias some of the finest and most attractive insignias ever produced for the British Army. Here are a frew examples from my collection. Please let us see some of yours.

Garth

Guest Rick Research

These are magnificent individually-- have you got them displayed? En masse I would think these would be spectacular!!! :beer:

By your Victorian medals :o Brilliant, I wouldn't mind seeing them either.

Garth, can you ID the badge in this thread for me please? http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3221

Tony

Tony,

Your man in the photo is wearing two different badge. The crossed rfifles is the Marksman badge and the "S" in the wreath couls be one of two things either a competion sharpshooter or a Scout. The aussies also used a similar badge for Qualified Battery Surveyor. Kind of hard to tell from the angle of the picture which one it is. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Garth

Garth,

You are right! While I know next to nothing on the various British units or insignia they are very sharp!! I have never before seen such detail and craftsmanship in military insignia!! Beautiful collection!

Regards

Paul

• 2 years later...
    • 11 years later...

I have just stumbled across your post and admire your collection. However the West India Regt badge is not an NCO's badge, but a Forage Cap badge.

If you find that it doesn't fit in with your collection, do let me know.

map