News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have another Prussian IOD 89 that I am hoping someone can help me with. This is an honor presentation sword to a Major Caspari of Infantry Regiment von Voigts Rhetz (3 Hannoversches) No. 79 in 1891. I have been able to compile the following on his carerr:

1875 - Hauptmann with Schleswigsches Infantry Regiment No. 84

1885 to 1887 - Same Regiment only as a Major - 1st Company

1888 - Major with Konigs Grenadier Regiment (2 Westpreussisches) No. 7 - 3rd Compnay

1889 - 1890 - Major with 3rd Hannoveresches Infantry Regiment No. 79 - 3rd Company

1891 (date of sword presentation) - Major with Infantry Regiment von Voigrs Rhetz (3r Hannoversches) No. 79 - 3rd Company

1892 - Major (Commanding Officer) Pommersches Jager Batallion No 2

1893 - Oberst Lt (Commanding Officer) Pommersches Jager Batallion No 2

1895 - Oberst (Commanding Officer) Infantry Regiment Freiherr von Sparr

1897 - Oberst (Commanding Officer) Infantry Regiemtn Freiherr von Sparr (3 Westfalisches) No. 16

Can anyone fill in any of the missing details? Also, what would the chances be of finding a photo of this officer?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

[attachmentid=17854]

[attachmentid=17855]

Rick

Many thanks for filling the blanks. How, or what, is the easiest way to try and locate a photo of this officer? I have a small unit history of the 79th Regiment but there are no photos of any officers. Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

Mark