News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Two different models. Roman's friend has a M1876-1911 which looks to me like a not unheard of return that was fitted with swords during the World War and re-issued.

Yours is the M1912-18, Christophe.

Since I would say the "value" of an earlier model upgraded during the war is lower with swords added than just being left alone, there's no advantage to monkeying with the painted type centers model.

The one from Roman's friend is the one from german ebay, right?

This ist one piece from a "nachlass" that was offerd to me about two weeks ago. The price was 5.000 EURO. A little bit to much for me.

So I only buyed the MStHO from Roesner with case on ebay. :jumping:

Here a picture from the complete "nachlass" that was sent to me by offering, bad quality.- I dont know the english word for "nachlass", sorry.

Regards, Ren

Your piece is a typical late war Glaser made piece. They did paint the medallions rather then going through the expensive process of making metal applications like Scharffenberg. Some folks claim this to be the rare 1st type, awarded up to 1912, but that is not true.

Still a nice and fairly scarce knights badge.

So... Glaser was still hand-painted VO 1 & 2 during WW1?

Correct, there are know examples from the 1st and 2nd classes with and without swords with the exact same painting, also showing the "G" mark on the side of its cross arm. I unfortunately never bothered taking pictures, otherwise I would post one here.

Guest Rick Research

"Nachlass" is a very useful word. "Estate" or "legacy" don't have quite the same meaning in English, so I've started to use this perfectly good German description. I am the keeper of the Ludvigsen Nachlass, for instance--books and research.

Idiotic to have split up the group-- certainly identifiable with more labor than I'm going to waste on this now that it is too late-- but that WAS a demented price.

The one from Roman's friend is the one from german ebay, right?

This ist one piece from a "nachlass" that was offerd to me about two weeks ago. The price was 5.000 EURO. A little bit to much for me.

So I only buyed the MStHO from Roesner with case on ebay. :jumping:

Here a picture from the complete "nachlass" that was sent to me by offering, bad quality.- I dont know the english word for "nachlass", sorry.

Regards, Ren?

What a loss! My heart sinks when I see groups broken up like this ???? sad, sad???? :(

Edited by GMU

Rene, I saw this group and was thinking of bidding on the St. Henry as well, but a little short of cash for that one. I believe the officer was a Jaeger, yes?

Yes, the officer was a Jaeger, J?gerbattaillon Nr. 12.

The seller also had a "verleihungst?te" for a war merit cross 1939 with the name "Oberts Vallach 1942" or "Oberst Vollach1942" or so handwritten on the backside. He can not corectly read the name. The backside of the MStHO case is handwritten datet "8.12.16" so I think this group is researchable.

Regards, Ren

Guest Rick Research

"so I think this group is researchable."

1) not by the "name" scribbled on a piece of paper :cheeky:

2) not to be posted HERE for a seller who rips apart an intact group. :shame:

Anyone so inclined, sit on the information and wait to see what shreds and fragments reappear on the market.

Why put money in a group destroyer's pocket? :speechless: