News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RAF Police Brassard

Obtained this and an RAF Police Corporal brassard from a little shop in a "very" small town in Washington state (USA). The owner had three of them just laying under a pile of things and I happened to notice them. I bought all of them for a total of $10.00 (USD).

Hi

That is the brassard from the working dress uniform and the rank is Sgt. A better quality wool one is worn with the No1 Dress uniform. Rank is now worn on the shoulder.

Cheers

Perce

Hi

That is the brassard from the working dress uniform and the rank is Sgt. A better quality wool one is worn with the No1 Dress uniform. Rank is now worn on the shoulder.

Cheers

Perce

Thanks Perce. So, is this one still worn? If not, can you tell me when it was discontinued please?

Ed

I also have an armband that I have not been able to identify. Perhaps you could help? It is also British. It is red with the yellow letters MOV. Any ideas?

Its the movemnets brassard-worn by movers-ie aircraft movers /loaders

The RAF police one can still be issued for raincoats etc but the shoulder mars bar is more prevelant now and is worn on the front of the gortex jacket

If you need a set can try and get some for you-I'm still serving RAF

Cheers

Perce

Thanks Perce. So, is this one still worn? If not, can you tell me when it was discontinued please?

Ed

I also have an armband that I have not been able to identify. Perhaps you could help? It is also British. It is red with the yellow letters MOV. Any ideas?

Armlets. The RAFP armlet is to be worn on the left arm, above the elbow, when in No 1 SD and No 6 SD (Jacket). It is also provided for wear on those protective outer garments that are not fitted with shoulder straps. The DPM/PM and AO FP armlet may also be worn by entitled officers holding these appointments.

b. RAFP Shoulder/Chest Epaulette Rank Slides. RAFP Shoulder rank slide badges, of the appropriate colour (blue or OG), are to be worn by all ranks on the rank epaulette (shoulder or chest) of appropriate garments

c. CS 95 MP Patch. A red MP patch (6.5 x 5 cm) is worn on CS 95 to identify the wearer as RAFP. It is to be worn as follows:

(1) One cm below the TRF and EAW/EAG badges (as appropriate) on the light weight jacket upper right arm centre of sleeve.

(2) One cm below the TRF and EAW/EAG badges (as appropriate) on the field jacket-upper right arm centre of sleev

ARMLET

Armlet. Movement Control and Movement

Control Personnel. RAF.

NSN: 8455-99-132-2672 DMC: CB

Specification: UK/SC/3707 @ 35/R/1658 D of Q: Each

Description: Armlet. Movement Control and Movement Control Personnel. RAF. Cloth. Embroidered. Gold

legend on scarlet background.

Size Range: Single

Additional Information:

Its the movemnets brassard-worn by movers-ie aircraft movers /loaders

The RAF police one can still be issued for raincoats etc but the shoulder mars bar is more prevelant now and is worn on the front of the gortex jacket

If you need a set can try and get some for you-I'm still serving RAF

Cheers

Perce

Perce: I would be most honored to receive anything you should choose to send. I spent 6 years in England with the USAF and enjoyed making friends with many Bobbies and some RAF chaps as well. Here's my address:

Ed Keeney

1830 Artemis Ridge

West Richland, WA 99352

E-mail: keeneagle@verizon.net

Should you decide to send anything, please let me know when it is mailed and I'll let you know when they arrive.

Thanks again,

Ed

That I like - very elegant the way it is presented. Would go - as a collectable - happily alongside the Specials armbands of WW1. I can only remember the Army having the black background and red MP + and the arm band for Regt. Police. I expect all different today - Leigh keeps telling me everything is changing....