News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 MEDALS TO SOUTH AFRICANS

Guest pikemedals

Guest pikemedals

HI.I BEEN BUYING WW1 MEDALS TO SOUTH AFRICANS FOR ONLY A YEAR NOW.NOT ALOT OF BOOKS ON THE SUBJECT.I JUST LIKE TO CHAT TO SOMEONE WHO COLLECT MEDALS TO SOUTH AFRICANS.I GOT A WW1 GROUP OF MEDALS TO ONE AFRICAN. ON THIS MEDALS IS A DIFFERENCE UNITS ON EACH MEDAL.TTRN PAUL

• 3 months later...

I've seen a few S. African WWI medals on ebay.de this year. I've even seen the same one being sold more than once.

Do you think that is strange or am I just being a little paranoid?

Tony

• 4 weeks later...
    Guest pikemedals

HI TONY,HAVE YOU SEEN THE ARTICLE IN THE OMRS JOURNAL DECEMBER 2004 ON WW1 SOUTH AFICAN MEDALS.THE AUTHORITIES IN SOUTH AFRICAN SELLING OFF GENUINE UNNAMED 1914-15 STARS, BWM, BILINGUAL VICTORY MEDALS.AND NOW SOMEONE IS NAMEING THEM TO OFFICERS & RARE UNITS.THE NAMEING IS VERY GOOD. A NUMBER OF THE MEDALS WENT TO DNW AND THE FRAUD COME TO LIGHT HAS THE MEDALS WAS IN ALL MINT CONDITION.THE ALARM BELLS STARTED TO RING. DNW HAS KEEP ONE OF THE GROUPS SO ANYONE CAN GO TO SEE IT.THE REST WENT BACK TO THE SELLER. VERY SCAREY NEWS .EBAY WOULD BE ONE OFF THE BEST PLACE TO SELL THE MEDALS HAVE WE ARE ONLY BUYING BLIND.I TRY TO BUY 3 1914-15 STARS THIS WEEK TO SOUTH AFRICANS OFF 2 DEALERS ALL WAS SOLD BEFOR I CAN RING UP IT ALL DOWN TO WANT TIME MY POST TURN UP.GOOD LUCK TONY

• 3 weeks later...

HI TONY,HAVE YOU SEEN THE ARTICLE  IN THE OMRS  JOURNAL DECEMBER 2004 ON WW1 SOUTH AFICAN MEDALS.THE AUTHORITIES IN SOUTH AFRICAN SELLING OFF GENUINE UNNAMED 1914-15 STARS, BWM,  BILINGUAL VICTORY MEDALS.AND NOW SOMEONE IS NAMEING THEM TO OFFICERS & RARE UNITS.THE NAMEING IS VERY GOOD.

No I didn't know anything about that. It would account the for the unusual number of medals I've seen for sale on the internet.

I've always wanted at least a bilingual Victory medal so I'll have to keep away from rare units.

I wonder if Chris will give me his ones as a pressie? jumping

Tony

Guest pikemedals

At the risk of boring folks who have seen this group 10 times or more (I post it whenever I can....)#

Shazammmmmm !!!!!

mr bean, a very nice group. can you tell me the name of the officer and his unit please pikemedals.

Edited by pikemedals

• 1 year later...

Hi,

his name was Cloete, he was a sharpshooter with considerable skills on the boer side in the Boer war. He was badly wounded and captured by the Brits.

in WW1 he commanded "Enslin's Horse" as part of Southern Force in the german south West Africa campaign.

Best

Chris