News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Magpie Returns ! A sampling of A-H

Hugh

Many of the following were bought from Hut-Haller in Innsbruek back in the '60's. They were delightful people who tolerated my atrocious German. I wonder if they're still there?

AUSTRIA-HUNGARY - Military Order of Maria Theresa, Commander, Mint

Hugh

Edited by Hugh

Looking back on it, these were relatively affordable, even for a low-paid naval officer, so I wonder whether they're tailor's copies or...? Some of you will doubtless be able to enlighten me.

AUSTRIA-HUNGARY (Hungary) - Royal Hungarian Order of St. Stephen, Knight's Cross, Mint

I've already been chided about the stickers on the back, and plan to replace them with jeweler's tags on the next cycle of remounting.

AUSTRIA-HUNGARY (Hungary) - Royal Hungarian Order of St. Stephen, Knight's Cross, Reverse

This one came from my old friend Reg Williams, who was in Melbourne at the time. I was living in Singapore, and payment all got a little complex before PayPal.

Silver Merit Cross w/crown, 1849 rev. on war ribbon, good VF, silver/enamel