News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Saxon medal bar with Reuss connection

Hi everybody,

Today I have received this nice medal bar. Now the group is complete, like I already have the ribbon bar.

The St Henry knight cross is a typical Scharffenberg cross.

The only connection between Kingdom of Saxe and Reuss is about the J?ger Btn Nr. 13. Of course the Reserve unit has same connection.

There is only one officer who received this medal bar :

Leutnant d. R. Hermann Hartung from R.J?ger Btn Nr. 13.

Christophe

super bar !!! I watched that one for a long time on that website but was unsure of the combination !!!

and never recieved a reply from them on picture of back of bar! also exchange rate to pound was killer !!!

anyway love that st henry order !beer.gif

Guest Rick Research

Christophe-- have you got a loose St Henry Medal to try in 1st place? I wonder since the loop under the ribbon seems set for a lower sized award as if that was the Silver Medal... which would throw off an identification?

We REALLY need somebody to get Reuss done!

BTW, had a wonderful trip. My courier :rolleyes: will be bringing you additional data. After seeing what Andy has accomplished ( :speechless1::love: ) we are no longer Research Gnomes-- now we are Research Cyborgs!!!! :rolleyes:

Hi Rick,

I have seen the problem with loop but I buy it. There is no match with SHM. I have seen such group in an old Kube auction and it was like this today. Like I was outbid I like I have the ribbon bar I want to complete the group. And with SH3 and RE3X, the only match is Let Hartung.

Christophe

• 7 years later...

Hi

Thanks for your comments

@Paul, I have found the date in the Saxon Militär Wochenblatt. The only problem is that in May 1915 a decree says that all the foreigns medals will not appeared in the MVB like there are too much orders and medals. It's too bad for the research.

Christophe