News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Awards and/or bars from Anhalt are tough to find.

Sorry, they were 2 classes of Lippe, not Anhalt!

Assuming you mean Lippe-Detmold, to be accurate there weren't two classes. The decoration suspended from a ribbon, analogous to an EK2, was the War Merit Cross (Kriegsverdienstkreuz). The pinback decoration, analogous to an EK1, was the War Honor Cross for Heroic Deeds (Kriegsehrenkreuz f?r heldenm?tige Tat). The War Honor Cross for Heroic Deeds was not a higher class of the War Merit Cross. Its award criteria were slightly different and there was no requirement that you have the War Merit Cross before you were eligible for the War Honor Cross for Heroic Deeds.

As for Schaumburg-Lippe, the Cross for Loyal Service (Kreuz f?r treue Dienste) also only came in one class. The pinback version wasn't a higher class, but a special version of the cross for members of ruling houses. That didn't seem to stop a lot of these from being made after the war and also sold as "1st Class" versions of the Cross for Loyal Service.

• 1 year later...

Yesh, Anhalt rocks ... :cheers:

Gentlemen, how about this bar? It comes from the old collection I'm taking part in sale, but I'm not sure about this one. The needle hook looks :shame: and three out of five ribbons do not match ... :ninja:

Does anyone give it a chance?!

I have a single medal that I hope you like. The Marian Cross was awarded in 1918 to women and young women for nursing services and war aid efforts. Gerd Scharfenberg's book, Die Orden und Ehrenzeichen der Anhaltischen Staaten, does not have any estimate of numbers awarded but does say that the Cross was probable only awarded in August and early September 1918. I was fortunate to find one with an original ribbon but it is not in a bow as most awards were.

That is an image I would very much like to see.

I know the photo he references-it is in fact not Anhalt but Lippe-D. crosses. Alas!

oops-should have read further!

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

Don't like the catch or pin.

And of course the last three ribbons apparently being :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

Tunisian Order of Nischan-Iftikar

Soviet Cultivation of Virgin Lands Medal

and

Medal for Distinction in Guarding the State Frontiers of the USSR....

:speechless1::speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

Gentlemen,

My collecting efforts with regard to Anhalt have pretty well been confined to the Napoleonic campaign medals (see example below) so I really don?t have much to add to this thread.

Saschaw, again, I really don?t collect groups (medal bars); but I have to say that to my admittedly different taste, that bar in post #30 is the most appealing one I?ve seen in a long time. Combined with Andreas? post #32 = :Cat-Scratch::love::jumping::jumping: Thanks men, I needed that.

Wild Card

• 2 years later...

Don't like the catch or pin.

And of course the last three ribbons apparently being :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

Tunisian Order of Nischan-Iftikar

Soviet Cultivation of Virgin Lands Medal

and

Medal for Distinction in Guarding the State Frontiers of the USSR....

Finally, and not by me, the bar got "killed". The ribbons re-appeared on eBay.de, while the empty bar most likely will be recycled. With this seller, I have no doubts it will happen. He formally used the name "hagekna41", and now is "agle42"... and to say it again, the bar was a funny put-together. No problems about killing it. Just to show how small world is. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=320377814602