News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I thought it would be interesting to have a thread on award ceremonies for KM badges. I'll start the ball rolling - please post yours. There are hundreds of RK award ceremonz photos out there. Lets see what we can find for lower awards.

First, here we have Horst von Schroeter awarding the U-Boat Clasp in Silver to his crew members. The badges are being carried by the Leutnant at right.

MY favorite is this photo from the book "Die Kreisfarht des Hilfskreuzers Atlantis".It shows Rogge handing out the HSK awards to his crewmen.Note the officer standing behind Rogge has a handful of brown cardboard boxes that contain the awards.

Regards,Martin.

MY favorite is this photo from the book "Die Kreisfarht des Hilfskreuzers Atlantis".It shows Rogge handing out the HSK awards to his crewmen.Note the officer standing behind Rogge has a handful of brown cardboard boxes that contain the awards.

Regards,Martin.

Thanks Martin, I could have guessed you'd contribute something HK related :cheers:

Thanks Martin, I could have guessed you'd contribute something HK related :cheers:

Hi Gordon,

Here is photo that has a mix of U-Boot and HSK.I have posted this before and it is a photo that used to be in my collection.

It shows Rogge,Lehmann-Willenbrock and Suhren being awarded their oakleaves.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by mwestley