News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pridnestrovie!

• 4 weeks later...
    • Replies 78
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asked recently if there were any books about PMR decorations. To my knowledge there is one- only one, and it's extremely rare and I'm very fortunate to have a copy. It was produced by the government in 2004 (it's somewhat dated as there have been several medals added since). It's not a collector's guidebook but, rather, a coffee table type book that was probably presented at state dinners or similar functions. It shows a basic view of the award, when it was established and what it is for. The book is 96 pages in length and is in Russian. The quality of the printing is somewhat lacking as the images are generally slightly out of register which has the effect of "softening" the focus, but the paper and binding is quite good.

post-7004-069681800 1294189949_thumb.jpg

post-7004-022482800 1294190002_thumb.jpg

Generally, the award will be on the left and the "blurb" will cover the page the award is depicted on and the facing page. If a medal has multiple levels (only one did in 2004), all three levels will be depicted on a single page. There is no coverage for variations, though there were some by that time (again, not a collector's guidebook). First, an example of an Order (Labour Glory- the highest labour award).

post-7004-094320800 1294190425_thumb.jpg

And the page for the three level of Irreproachable Service to the PMR.

Some of the badges/awards I have shown are not in this awards book because they are not national but ministerial awards, because they are Cossack awards, or because they have come about after this book was published.

post-7004-077381600 1294191079_thumb.jpg