News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dress Uniforms of the German Wehrmacht

This is a collaboration between me and my friend and mentor, Willi Schumacher. We put up this exhibit this year (24-26 July) at the Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly. The Kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe and Heer tunics and headgear are mine. The SS-Obersturmbannfuhrer of Veterinarian from the Deutschland Regiment and the Display Shield belong to Willi.

Bob

Here is the view from the left side.

The Kriegsmarine mess dress jacket belonged to Vizeadmiral Kurt von dem Borne. He was a Berlin bureaucrat, Wirtschafts, and was awarded the German Cross in Silver on 31 July 1944. He retired shortly after that. After the Battle of Berlin, he was captured and died in Soviet Captivity (some retirement!).

The Luftwaffe Oberleutnant of Flight dress jacket belonged to fighter ace and Knight's Cross holder Klaus Bretschneider, JG-300, 34 victories. He had 14 night victories in 20 night sorties flying his FW-190 in support of "Wilde Sau". He was KIA on 24 December 1944.

The Heer tunic is that of an Oberfeldwebel of Panzer and a bandsman in a Panzer Regiment Band.

Finally is the SS-Obersturmbannfuhrer of Veterinar from the Deutschland Regiment.

Enjoy.

Bob

Guest Rick Research

This was a spectacular display which I was lucky enough to be traversing the Upper Former Confederacy to actually see live. :cheers:

Best of all-- the Admiral's jacket retained its original :love: ribbon bar.

......... I was lucky enough to be traversing the Upper Former Confederacy.....

"Upper Former Confederacy"? There you go again with places that were never recognized by any legitimate nation.

Thank you, Rick. Actually you were in Virginia, the Capital of the Confederacy!

Here are photos of the exhibit that Willi Schumacher and I put up last weekend in Richmond.

Theme: UNIFORMS OF THE GERMAN WEHRMACHT

Kriegsmarine: Korvettenkapitan reefer jacket belonging to Knight's Cross holder Rudolf Heynsen, Minesweepers. And Korvettenkapitan though Kapitan zur See service cap.

Luftwaffe: Oberleutnant of Flak from Luftwaffe Flak-Regiment 5

Heer: Oberfeldwebel black panzer jacket and M38 overseas cap with pink soutache and cockade on dark-green backing.

Waffen-SS: SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer from the Germania Regiment with gilt metal "G" shoulder board ciphers in Latin, German Cross in Gold in cloth, GERMANIA cuffband in aluminum flat wire in Latin plus aluminum wire borders.

The Kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe and Heer tunics are mine and the Waffen-SS tunic belonged to Willi, as well as the Display Shield.

Enjoy.

Bob

• 6 years later...