News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian uniforms and insignia late 1930s-early WW2 query?

Hello ,i've been told that Soviet uniforms were worn in the late 1930's with blue/red collar patches on the tunic , but what about collar patches on the greatcoats? Rank insignia on greatcoats? N.c.o insignia late 1930s? Ranjit.

Hello Ed ,just wondering what the NCO insignia was for the late 1930s-early WW2 and if greatcoat collar patches were like collar patches-blue and red or Soviet style with the band/insignia.I've seen a photocopy of the French "Carnet de la sabretache" publication which had b/w illustrations of officers rank insignia but not NCO's for Mongolian early WW2 insignia. Regards Ranjit.

• 2 months later...
    • 1 year later...

Bob,

Thanks for posting pictures of this interesting uniform. I tried to locate the auction when you first posted the number but it came up as a photograph of a Mongolian soldier. I assume the auction was finished because of what I got. Has the auction finished? Did the tunic sell and if so for how much?

Regards,

Gordon