News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Badge/Medal/Order

I found this piece and was wondering where it is from.

The screwplate is marked IKOM ZAGREB meaning it was Yugoslavian manufacture. I also know that Yugoslavia made awards for Albania but is this a Yugoslavian or Albanian award is the question.

I did some digging and can't find any refereces to this badge.

Here's the picture of the award:

Hi Rusty:

FWIW, it's nothing I've seen identified as Albanian, though it certainly has the characteristics to suggest it may be (the lack of any kind of inscription is something I have seen a lot with Albanian decorations from all periods). The iconography suggests some sort of partisan award or badge - one of the early Bulgarian partisan badges for the organization that later became the BPFK had a similar design.

However, I am sure there's tons of Albanian things out there I've never seen so this could just as easily be Yugoslav.

I know, not terribly helpful :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Eric

Eric,

I know what you mean. It's not quite Yugoslavian yet there are no references to it in any Albanian places that I looked.

Bulgarian Partisan badge has a different motif from what I remember.

I'll need to look that up to see if I'm right.

Thanks!

Rusty.

• 11 years later...