News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unidentified photos - mostly Generals

I've been wanting to start this thread for a while: Here are a number of pics I found online - from different sources. Some may be easy, some more difficult, some may have been ID'd here already. Anyway - here they come:

First, an old fellow:

((ID below: Friedrich Müller))

General alt1.JPG

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

Numbers 8-9 is CRAZY

That is Generalleutnant zV Paul Voit (1876-1949) and he was not entitled to a 40!!!!!

He served in the Bavarian army 1895 to 1920 (25 real years, 35 pension years but THOSE did not count for Wehrmacht long service awards!!!), again 1933-39 ( 5 1/2 years = 30 1/2 real years)... and was called up zV for the war ...

I have noted other GENERALS who seem to have decided to grant this to themselves... or perhaps GENERALS were exempted from the suspension of processing long service awards during the war for ONLY "40s"?

Extremely extremely WEIRD :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1: :speechless1:

A Baden Oberst of LGR 109

NOT A BADEN Oberst but a Prussian Oberst in a Baden unit: He wears a Prussian 1866 cross. Sorry, don't have the Regimentsgeschichte handy... he should be commander of LGR 109, right?

Many thanks! The first one -- which Friedrich Müller do you mean Christophe? What was his position in 1914?

Speaking of Thuringen -- i wonder who this SA Oberführer is:

OberführerSA.jpg

Edited by webr55