News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here is some of my Wehrmacht uniform and headgear collection. I've been collecting a long time but am just starting to kick it into gear. This is Korvettenkapitan Rudolf Heynsen's reefer jacket. He was awarded the Knight's Cross on 20 April 1945 and was in Minesweepers. The Knight's Cross belongs to a friend of mine and belonged to Korvettenkapitan Klaus Feldt, Knight's Cross and Oakleaves in E-Boats. He was one of 8 recipients of the E-Boat Badge in Diamonds. The cap is not named. Enjoy.

Bob

Edited by bob wirtz

This is my Oberfeldwebel black panzer jacket and M38 overseas cap. The cap has the pink soutache and the cockade is on a dark-green backing. I also have the trousers to this grouping. This has the EK1 and Panzer Assault Badge - 25. The throatmics are mint and were never issued; the cords are still tied with the original string. The headset is also pretty minty.

Bob

Here is my Kriegsmarine Kapitan zur See mess dress jacket and service cap. This belonged to Vizeadmiral Kurt von dem Borne, recipient of the German Cross in Silver on 31 July 1944. He was a Berlin bureaucrat in the Navy Department (Wirtschafts) and retired shortly after his award of the German Cross. He was captured in Berlin and died in Soviet captivity (some retirement!). He was awarded the War Merit Cross with Swords First and Second Class (you can see the ribbon for the second class award on his lapel).

Bob

This is my Luftwaffe Oberleutnant of Flight dress jacket and officer service cap. This jacket belonged to Klaus Bretschneider, JG-300 who shot down 34 aircraft, including 17 B-17s/24s (3 in a single sortie), and 14 RAF bombers in 20 night sorties. He also had several Allied fighters to his credit. He was shot down and killed on 24 December 1944. The Knight's Cross pictured belongs to a friend and was awarded to Korvettenkapitan Klaus Feldt in Motor Torpedo Boats (Oakleaves winner). The German Cross in Gold also belongs to a friend and was awarded to Oberleutnant Haedge, a Fallschirmjager.

Bob

This is my Luftwaffe Obergefreiter of Flight Tunic. This will be exhibited at the 2009 Brentsville WWII Living History Weekend, 2-3 October, in Brentsville, Virginia (NOVA). Willi Schumacher and I will be collaborating on an exhibit themed: Enlisted Uniforms of the German Wehrmacht. This photo is Bill Shea's, whom I purchased it from.

Bob

Edited by bob wirtz

This doesn't belong to me but it has been exhibited with two tunics of mine, which belonged to Knight's Cross holders. This is Willi Schumacher's Knight's Cross that belonged to Korvettenkapitan Klaus Feldt. Here it is with a color photo of Herr Feldt.

Bob

Edited by bob wirtz

Thank you Scott and Chris. I have more but need to dress up a mannequin and take more pictures. I'll have the opportunity soon as Willi and I are putting together another exhibit on 3-4 October. I'll be taking pictures of the Luftwaffe Obergefreiter and a new Kriegsmarine enlisted tunic and cap. The black panzer will be making another appearance and Willi will put up one of his Waffen-SS tunics and caps.

Bob

Panzer Band Rock, WOW, no way to miss that guy coming down the street. One display I haven't seen is a band uniform with a nice original instrument. Bob, while you are at it how about a nice tank for the display?

Well not ALL of these are named, just a couple. As far as a musical instrument I would love to pick up an original snare drum and strap and hook to display it on the mannequin with the Panzer Bandsman Waffenrock. That would be the ultimate. I've found the hooks for a Luftwaffe drummer but not an Army one. A tank would be nice. I can make one out of rubber and inflate it with air and then put the mannequin on the top of it. Otherwise, pretty impractical.

Willi is doing fine... getting old like the rest of us, but he's still collecting and exhibiting his collection, as well as helping authors with their publications when he can. He believes in sharing his 'toys' with others. For the last 3 years he's put up some super exhibits at the Dulles Expo Center (Chantilly Show) and in Richmond (North-South Trader Civil War - National WWI-WWII Show). He doesn't go to the MAX or SOS or shows that are far from Virginia. I'll pass along your greetings and salutations next I see him.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Very nice!

According to the WikiPedia Korvettenkapitan Klaus Feldt is still alive. 97 years old :)

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Klaus_Feldt

I heard that too and there was a guy on one of these forums that has contact with him but wouldn't give out his address. I'd like to find out if he still has his Knight's Cross with Oakleaves and his E-Boat Badge in Diamonds, plus award documents.

Bob

A beautiful collection. Such nice pieces. Regards, JustinG 2dresq

Thank you. I just picked up a Kriegsmarine sailor outfit so my friend Willi and I will be putting on an exhibit next weekend in Brentsville (Virginia) at their first WW2 Living History Weekend. We will be putting up Enlisted Uniforms of the German Wehrmacht. I will be putting up the new KM enlisted tunic and overseas cap, the Luftwaffe Obergefreiter tunic and service cap pictured above, the Army black panzer uniform (pictured above). Willi will be putting up his SS-Rottenfuhrer from the Latvian Legion tunic with most of the field equipment. He bought it from the late Mike Beaver and it is pictured in his books. Should be another great exhibit.

Bob

• 2 months later...

What are the waffenfarbe of the other three LW tunics? I really like your KM collection! You have some top notch pieces in that area!

What is the Regmimental number on the Flak officer tunic?