News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Doubt about Osmanie Order

palencia

Hi,

I am looking for a Osmanie order , and and by the photos that I have seen until now, it seems that there are two types: one with the TRIANGULAR suspension hoop and best finished and other with the suspension hoop more ROUNDED and a bit more poor finished (less detail):

Do they belong to different periods or they were made by different manufacturers?

osmanie2.jpg osmanie7.jpg

Edited by palencia

Too bad it's not that simple. The first example shown is what I would call a textbook original, produced by the "Darphane Amire" or National Mint. The second example, however, is by an unknown maker, possibly European. Unfortunately, determining who made it and when is rather difficult. Even if you find one like it in case by Godet or Lemaitre (just for example), that wouldn't necessarily prove anything, because cases are often matched up with badges after the fact.

Tim

Too bad it's not that simple. The first example shown is what I would call a textbook original, produced by the "Darphane Amire" or National Mint. The second example, however, is by an unknown maker, possibly European. Unfortunately, determining who made it and when is rather difficult. Even if you find one like it in case by Godet or Lemaitre (just for example), that wouldn't necessarily prove anything, because cases are often matched up with badges after the fact.

Tim

Hi Tim, thank you for the explanation beer.gif

Best regards

Enrique

Hi Tim, thank you for the explanation beer.gif

Best regards

Enrique

Dear Sirs ,

As it is hard to determine from the pictures , but what i can see and what i believe is both of the orders are 4th Class Osmanie Orders and both of them are made in the borders of Ottoman Empire , The difference between them is not time , it is the masters style , unfortunately even the Darphane-i Amire made ones doesn't have only a one single type , right now you can see several different types of examples of the "Darphanei Amire" Medjidie or Osmanie Order's examples in the Darphane-i Amire Museum right now here in Istanbul. In my opinion , As Mr. Tim mentioned they made by "Darphane-i Amire" (The Empire's Mint) .

Sincere Regards,

Avsar Ibar