Gentleman's Military Interest Club

my Great Grandfather on the left with his mate (sitting) and 2 Belgian refugees. His mate on the right ended up adopting the young lad, but he suffered shell shock in France and gassed himself after he got back to England in my Greatgrandfathers workshop.

The might of the BEF....the Army Service Corps, camped on Salisbury Plain, 1914. Guess who standing 2nd left

Edited by Jason

Last one from France....a bit sad this one. My Grandmother's cousin from Canada, even she couldnt remember his name. Anyway, he was killed in action on Armistice Day.

here's some stuff from Palestine....

Abbie Williams in the barley patch - drawing Turkish artillery fire. The caption on the back reads:

"One of Abbie, his horse and mine in a big patch of barley. 8 miles east of Jordan. Jacko had just finished shelling us. Notice Abbie is under cover for observation behind the bush. We were drawing Jacko's shell fire to find out his strength and position of his guns. We attacked it about a week later. 1 killed. We had 9 horses hit and 1 killed & had 2 men wounded"

Edited by Jason

This is a studio picture of Abbie's brother, who was in the 5th Light Horse with Abbie. This is Clifford Rupert Williams, a regimental farrier.

group shot of Abbie's machine gun section. A bunch of roughies all right!

Edited by Jason

Willie Markwell's grave after the battle of Beersheeba. There are Australian Eucalyptus trees planted by the grave site.

more to come later gents - i'm off home in a minute to try and beat the impending thunder storm!!

cheers Jason

not sure if you can make it out....this is one of a captured Turk, blindfolded, so he "can't make out the details of our camp"

This is Abbie's other brother, Herbert Leichhardt Williams, a private in the 31st Battalion AIF. Served in France and was severely wounded in the Battle of Amiens in 1918.