News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MEDALS OF INDEPENDENT INDIA

Riley1965

INDIA WOUNDED MEDAL VARIATION

Here is the India Wounded Medal,but it's an unilingual variation (not listed in the excellent book published by Ed Haynes).

Can someone help to translate the obverse inscription (with attribution engraved on the below part of obverse) ?

You can download the 3rd picture on your computer and then increase its size to translate it.

Emmanuel

Sorry to break in where I'm not welcome. This is not the wound medal. It is the West Bengal Governor's Medal. This is why it is in Bengali, not Hindi. The name of the recipient is there at the bottom.

• 2 months later...

A very brief post to correct some dangerous and persistent errors and misinformation regarding Korea medals above:

Ed,

Many thanks for the corrections and details. I am now hard at work on the new book - there's just too much new and better information out now for me to call it a revision anymore.

I'll be contacting you offline very soon.

Thanks to all.

Oh, Jeff, just like the old times, I'll be calling soon 8>)

• 7 years later...
    • 7 months later...

MHA Medals

The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has approved institution of Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal. It also has instituted three more Medals- Antarik Suraksha Medal, Asadharan Aashuchan Padak, and Utkrisht & Ati-Utkrisht Seva Medal.

Key Facts

These medals will be awarded annually. HM’s Special Operation Medal and Asadharan Aashuchan Padak will be awarded on Independence Day (15th August), Antarik Suraksha Medal and Utkrisht & Ati-Utkrisht Seva Medal will be announced on Republic Day (26th January).

There will be no limit or quota for awarding HM’s Special Operation Medal, Asadharan Aashuchan Padak and Antarik Suraksha Medal. There will be cap of 1% and 0.5% of sanctioned strength rank subject to the eligibility conditions for the Utkrisht and Ati-Utkrisht Seva Medal respectively. The medal may be withdrawn if holder is found guilty of disloyalty or brings force to disrepute such as removal, major penalty, criminal offence etc.

Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal: It aims to promote high professional standards of Investigation of Crime in State/UT Police and Central Investigating Agencies (CIAs) in the country. Police Officers of States/UTs, Central Police Organisations (CPOs), Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Security Organisation involved in Special Operations are eligible for it.

Asadharan Aashuchan Padak: It will be given to officials of Intelligence organization of Central Government and Intelligence Department/wings/Special Branches/Units of all State/UT Police, CAPFs, Assam Rifles (AR) and National Security Guard (NSG) for acts of exceptional courage and skill in intelligence gathering.

Antarik Suraksha Medal: It will be bestowed upon Police personnel of States/UTs/CAPFs/Security Organisation in recognition of operation duty rendered by them for tenure of every two years in internal security in Jammu & Kashmir, Left Wing Extremism (LWE) region and North East region.

Utkrisht and Ati Utkrisht Seva Medal: It will be awarded to permanent Police personnel and other permanent support staff working in CAPFs, State/UTs Police Forces, AR, NSG, Home Guard (HG) and intelligence organizations of Central and state Governments and CAPFs in recognition of Long Service of 15 and 25 year and good service records.

• 4 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...