News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

City of London Police pin

Hello Everyone,

I have just purchased this 31mm diameter pin marked City of London Police and featuring the George Cross. There is no maker's mark and I do not believe this to be old by any means. I bought it simply because I liked it and now would like more information. The photo is not as clear as I would like but that's as good as I could manage this evening.

Would this be similar to a sweetheart pin or possibly a pin for a police organization within or associated to the London City Police?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Brian

I don't know what this is, presumably it's a lapel rather than tie badge from its size & fitting, but the shield is the arms of London, I think that it's just possible to make out "Wat Tylers Sword" top left as viewed? (or it may be a blemish).

Hi Leigh,

That is indeed the sword you mention, the photo is not clear but the badge is in perfect condition. It seems a bit large for a lapel pin. The ones I've seen here are about the size of the blue ring with City of London Police that is on this badge. Even if I can not find the purpose of the pin I now can research Wat Tyler. Many thanks for the additional information.

Regards

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Brian

This will be a Charity Pin possible issued by one of the CoLP sports clubs or the Police Federation Branch. I have not seen this one before but there have been several issued by the Regualr force and the Special Constabulary. The sword on the shield is a City Of London emblem/ coat of arms.

Brian

This will be a Charity Pin possible issued by one of the CoLP sports clubs or the Police Federation Branch. I have not seen this one before but there have been several issued by the Regualr force and the Special Constabulary. The sword on the shield is a City Of London emblem/ coat of arms.

Many thanks Vickers and welcome to the GMIC.

Regards

Brian