News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Armor School DUI.

Jim Baker

The reverse.... Again, any and all opinions are welcome. Thanks much.

According to my ASMIC Motto list it as the WWII Armored Force Replacement Training Center (RTC). This was mostly likely at Fort Knox, but there many have been several of these in the US and overseas. The Quartermaster Corps, for example had two RTCs, one at Fort Lee and one at Fort Francis E. Warren in Woyming.

One additional note, I think the Armored Force RTC was activated in 1940 or 1941 in the general moblization before WWII so this may be pre or early WWII. Shortly after the start of WWII the Army stopped producting DUIs for new units to conserve metals essential to the war effort. These also could also have been produced near the end of the war as the need for metals was reduced. There was an article on silver DUIs in ASMIC's "Training Post" many years ago, but my copies are burried somewhere in the house or garage. Kevin