News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

An unusual collection item

speagle

I am an avid patch collector of police department patches and other police memorabilia. Whenever I travel I always carry my patch trader bag and try to stop at the local police department to see if I can get a patch or trade for one. Today I stopped at the local State Police Barracks and asked for a patch from the Arkansas State Police. The Sergeant apologized, telling me he didn't have any, but then said, I'll bet you don't have one of these! (see photo)

It is one of their decals they put on the patrol vehicles! A 12" replica of their shoulder patch. I must admit, this was a first (and maybe the start of another segment of my patch collecting :-)

Ed

Hi Ed,

That really is an unusual item. When I collected patches and travelled to the local shows I don't think I remember ever seeing one offered. Here, in my part of Ontario, Canada, the Regional Police have there own sign shop or perhaps they share it with the Region's Utilities and Works Department. When I have been in the shop for city decals and signs, years ago, I've seen these ready to ship...if only I had thought about adding one to the collection! :banger:

Nice piece.

Regards

Brian

Now - what you do Ed, is put the decal on the car door - wear your Austrian cap and that should totally confuse the natives of West Richland....

AH Mervyn, The opportunities presented are endless!2014.gifblush.gif