News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Tugra

TerryG

Regarding Fr. Sedlatzek: From what I know he was only a re-seeler, not a maker of any orders and decorations. Means he bought, stamped and re-sold awards. This would very well explain why he's "using" different styles.

Regarding Fr. Sedlatzek: From what I know he was only a re-seeler, not a maker of any orders and decorations. Means he bought, stamped and re-sold awards. This would very well explain why he's "using" different styles.

Thanks this explains the difference in Fr. Sedlatzek Tugras. :beer:

BB&Co. has also different Tugras. So, if, are they also ...? :banger:

demir

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...

Well, I thought I got lucky yesterday and picked up a rather nice looking TWM but, was just informed this morning that someone beat me to it. :banger:

I would like to do a quick comparison of a Star here to seek opinions and knowledge as I continue my database on TWM's.

Tim

Here's the Star I was hoping to have:

Not sure who the maker is or if it's German or Austrian, but it is marked "silber" on the pin and similar to the one posted by "mahoni" and "Josef" earlier in this thread. If the guys don't mind, I wanted to post a couple quick comparison shots for discussion.

Tim

Here's the one with "mahoni's" TWM, though I do not have a whole PIC for comparison, it appears the same style:

Note the star arms have the narrow silver border and the "hole" in the Tugra is round in design.

Edited by Tim B

Here is another one that is strikingly similar except the enamel pattern appears to have longer diamond shapes on mahony's and the example I posted when compared to Josef's TWM and the border of the star arms on Josef's TWM are doubled and more like those of BB&Co.

Additionally, that little hole is not as round on Josef's example. Other than that, they appear the same.

Tim

Edited by Tim B

Not sure who the maker is or if it's German or Austrian, but it is marked "silber" on the pin and similar to the one posted by "mahoni" and "Josef" earlier in this thread. If the guys don't mind, I wanted to post a couple quick comparison shots for discussion.

Tim

Here's the one with "mahoni's" TWM, though I do not have a whole PIC for comparison, it appears the same style:

Note the star arms have the narrow silver border and the "hole" in the Tugra is round in design.

Hi,

Mahlas is also different

demir

Here is another one that is strikingly similar except the enamel pattern appears to have longer diamond shapes on mahony's and the example I posted when compared to Josef's TWM and the border of the star arms on Josef's TWM are doubled and more like those of BB&Co.

Additionally, that little hole is not as round on Josef's example. Other than that, they appear the same.

Tim

Hi again,

Please check the rough finish of the balls at the end of the arms.

:banger:

demir

Edited by demir

Hi Demir,

No, the balls (finial's) are fine; that's just me playing with my photo-editing skills. The background in the seller's PIC was originally white and the shadows sometimes make it impossible to get it 100% correct without losing stuff. What you're seeing is left-overs of the white background.

I just don't like posting dealer/seller site PIC's if I don't have to.

I'll look again at the Mahlas, but I thought it was identical, only rotated to a different angle.

Thank you for posting! :cheers:

Tim

• 12 years later...