News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German Regiment ‘Remembrance’ (Erinnerungskreuz) Medals

WWI GERMAN REGIMENT MEDAL

Front "TREU DEM REGIMENT" Back "ALLZEIT BEREIT"

Hello Club Members

My name is Michael (aka neuempire) and I am new to the Club.

I am trying to research WWI German Regiment 'Remembrance' (Erinnerungskreuz) Medals and would please appreciate any assistance.

I am looking for reference material on the ribbon associated with the medal. I have seen that there is a wide range of ribbons: blue, black and green backgrounds with central vertical stripes of red; red and light blue; red and yellow; yellow and black; and red, white and black; to name a few. (When I figure out how to attach photos I will include some examples.) No obvious consistency to these ribbons leaps out at me. I know that as this was during the Weimar Republic Veteran Associations tended to be unregulated. However, is anyone aware of a system to the allocation of colour/pattern for the ribbons? Infantry, Cavalry, Guard, Artillery and Engineers, German States, Weimar and Imperial are potential categories that spring to mind.

Specifically I am after the colour of ribbons for the following regiments (with which I have family connections):

Royal Saxon Infantry Regiment Crown Prince No 104

Saxon Infantry Regiment No 133

Saxon Infantry Regiment No 181

German Infantry Regiment No 345

I would also be interested in aquiring the clasps for these Regiments too.

Any assitance on this subject would be greatfully appreciated.

Pointing me in the direction of references (web or books) if any would also be good.

Regards Michael

Edited by neuempire

Hello Michael,

some months ago I found this chart/list and I add some units/ribbons.

Best regards, cheers.gif

Jens

Thank you Jens

That helps me a lot.

Question though re the "S. Inf Rgt" entry. Does the 'S' stand for Sachsen? The green and white colour could suggest that?!?

Have figured out (I think) how to attach a picture. If so you can see some of the example ribbons I have found. Matches your list pretty well too.

Michael

... Question though re the "S. Inf Rgt" entry. Does the 'S' stand for Sachsen? The green and white colour could suggest that?!

Hi Michael,

yes the "S" is for Saxon. The green/white one also: http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2276/rektreu.jpg

... and some Marine: http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7818/rekmarine.jpg

Best regards, :cheers:

Jens