News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Baghdad, Iraq Police patch

bmsm

This is a Al Nissir (eagle) Force for Fast Enterance (quick response) patch. The patch is machine made, 3.56 in. diameter and has a velcro back.

Above: a verse from the Holy Qur'an which means (prepare to them what you able to from power).

Below: Al Nissir Force for Fast Enterance.

Bob

• Replies 171
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - Bob. You've certainly got some good interest in your patches. Where were they made - are there places in Iraq able to do this quite complicated work ? Perhaps these later ones are being brought in from the US ?

Mervyn,

The patches are made locally in Iraq. My friend who lives in Iraq has told me that if a Commander wants a patch made for his unit, he just goes to someone who makes them and tells them what he wants and they make it up for him. I think that is why we are starting to see so many different kinds of patches coming out of Iraq especially in the Special Forces area. I'm going to start posting SF patches somewhere along the line when I have a little more time. First I want to do Iraqi Military Police patches.

Bob

They're interesting & colourful patyches, I wonder how long before they become more mainstream collectable - what's the situation like re repro / fakes? Are any obsolete patterns copied?

Thank you for the comment on the Iraqi Police patches. Collecting Iraqi Military items is a fairly small group of people and I think it will be like the Vietnam Era items in that it took a while for it to get going. There are only two web sites that I know of so far that are almost totally dedicated to the Gulf Wars and OIF eras.

So far,it seems that the patches for the most part haven't been copied although there is a patch being sold as a original and it has a merrowed edge and shouldn't. You will notice the patches I have posted do not have a merrowed edge. The threads come up to the edge but do not go around. I believe this used to be called a cut edge patch. I have one Military Police patch that has a merrowed edge and that is because it was not made in Iraq during Saddam's time and was made outside the country and is a very well made patch. Some of the patches are covered in plastic and some even have snaps on the back to attach to uniforms. This makes for a tougher and more costly patch to reproduce.

Maybe some years down the line when more people start collecting Iraqi items, patches will start being reproduced like what happened to the German and Vietnamese items.

There are some badges being made as "souvenirs" for soldiers coming back from Iraq but they are usually made out of lead and bend very easily by finger pressure. Some of the badges even have the posts cut off on the reverse where the retaining pins go through so they will fit on the display boards better. There are some medals on ebay that have the wrong ribbons on them.

Bob

• 1 month later...

This is a 2009, EOD, Unexploded Bombs Treating Battalion arm patch. The patch is 3.75in. high, 3.625in. wide, machine made and velcro backed.

Above: Unexploded Bombs Treating Battalion.

Bob

This is a 2009, Policemen Control Unit chest and shoulder patch. The shoulder patch is 3.625in. diameter and is machine made. The chest patch is 4.625in. long and 1.5 in. wide.

The chest patch translation is : policemen control

The shoulder patch, middle: PC

Below: policemen control

Bob

Bob - I don't think I've ever seen such a graphic and self explanatory badge as that for unexploded bombs !

Mervyn,

It gets right to the point doesn't it???

Bob

This is an Iraqi 2009, Ministry of Interior, National Police Command, Medical Crowd arm patch. It is 4.625 in. high, 3.5 in. wide, machine made and is velcro backed.

Above: Ministry of Interior

National Police Command

Middle: Medical Crowd

Below: Logestic Support Brigade

Medical Crowd

Bob

This is a 2010, Iraqi Army EOD Hawk's Unit, Explosive Bombs Treater glazed badge. The size is 1.5 in. acrosss and 1.43 in. high. It has the manufactured pin on the reverse.

Above: explosive bombs treater

Iraqi Army

Right: lions of

Left; Iraq

Below: explosions experts

Bob

Edited by bmsm

This is a 2010, Iraqi Army EOD, Lion's Unit, Explosive bombs treater glazed badge. It is 1.5 in. across and 1.43 in. high. It has the manufactured pin on the reverse.

Above: explosive bombs treater

Iraqi Army

Right: lions of

Left: Iraq

Below: explosions experts.

Bob

Edited by bmsm

This is an Iraqi 2009, MOI, National Police Command, Medical Crowd arm patch. It is 4.625 in. high, 3.5 in. wide and velcro backed.

National Police Command

Middle: Medical Crowd

Below: Logistic Support Brigade

Medical Crowd

Bob

Edited by bmsm

This is a 2009, Ministry of Interior, Iraqi Police, Structures Protection Form arm patch. It is 6.5 in. high, 3.5 in. wide and is machine made.

On the arc: Iraqi Police

Middle: Structures Protection Form (a Form is an official foundation/ directorate)

Below; Ministry of Interior.

Bob

This is a 2009, Ministry of Interior, Iraqi Police arm patch. The patch is 3.75 in. wide, 4 in. high and machine made.

Below: Iraqi Police

Bob

These are three Baghdad Traffic Policemen arm patches. They are 3.5 in. wide, 2.625 in. high and machine made. The reason for the different patch colors (shades) is to better match the uniform colors (shades).

Above: Traffic Police

Below: Baghdad

Bob