News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Baghdad, Iraq Police patch

bmsm

This is a Diyala Province Department of Borders and Customs arm patch. It is 3.375 in. dia. and machine woven.

Right: Department of Borders Policemen and Customs

Middle: Diyala Province

Below: Iraq

Bob

Edited by bmsm

• 2 weeks later...
    • Replies 171
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting stuff - do you collect these or are they more along the lines of souvenirs?

Swapsies or trophies from bar room brawls?

I have purchased all my patches from a contact in Iraq and usually get an extra. There are a lot of different patches coming out of Iraq now. Police items aren't my main hobby but I liked the different patches so just invested in a few.

Bob

This is a Ministry of Interior, General Directorate of the VIP Protection Force patch. It is machine made, 3.75 in. wide and 5.81 in. high.

Arc: VIP Protection Force

Above on patch: Ministry Of Interior

Right: General Directorate

Left: of VIP Protection

Bob

This is a Ministry of Interior,SWAT Ababeel Force Unit patch. It is machine made, has a velcro sewed onto the back and is 3.5 in. diameter.

Above: Ministry of Interior

Left: Ababeel

Right: Force

Bob

This is for the Iraqi SWAT arm patches. The one on the left is machine sewn, 3.18 in. wide and 3.5 in. high. The patch on the right is machine sewn, 3.5 in. wide and 3.75 in. high. Both patches have velcro sewed onto the back. These are the newer patches coming out of Iraq

Bob

This is another set of SWAT patches from Iraq. Both of the patches have velcro sewed onto the back. The patch on the left is 3 in. wide and 4 in. high. The patch on the right is 3.5 in. wide and 4.625 in high. Notice the quality difference between the two patches.

Bob

The Iraqi SWAT ( special weapons and tactics) patches which I have posted above and any future ones is not exactly a police troop but a unit which is part of the Ministry of Interior Forces.

The Ministry of Interior is responsible for policing and Border Control in Iraq. The MOI consists of several departments including Police Service, Highway Patrol, Traffic Department, Emergency response Units, Explosive Ordnance Disposal, and Department of Border Enforcement.

Bob

This is for two 2009, Ministry of Interior, General Directorate of Infrastructures Protection arm patches.

The size of the gilt border patch is 4.25 in wide and 5 in high. The white border patch is the same size although I also have a smaller version that is 3.75 in.wide and 4.5 in high.

The gilt edged patch is used for officers and the white edged patch is for enlisted soldiers. There is not very good control over these regulations.

Above: Republic of Iraq

Ministry of Interior

Middle: from right to left- Ministry's Agency for Supporting Force's Affairs

Below: General Directorate for Infra Structures Protection

Bob

This is an Iraqi Policemen Control Unit arm patch. The patch and arcs are machine made, 3.06 in. wide, 4.5 in. high and comes with an arc which is wore on the right sleeve. It was used from 1990's to 2003.

Below: Policemen Control Units Command.

Bob

This is a 2006, Iraqi Ministry of Interior Commandos chest, arm and arc set. The chest patch is 1.625 in. wide and 3.5 in. long. The patch is 3.00 in. diameter and the arc is 3.5 in. long.

Arc: the Interior Commandos

Patch above: the Interior Commandos

Bob

Bob - your continuing posts still amaze me with the sheer number and variety of the badges. I see the latest ones are featuring a lion - does that mean that the 'dead chicken' symbol, went out with Saddam ?

Sorry - I think I should qualify that comment. The earlier ones really did look like a chicken - or at least I thought so - however, the eagle was much better on the later ones.

Edited by Mervyn Mitton

This patch is for a 2006, Control Saver, Civil Enterance, Al Karrar Brigade, 1st Crowd arm patch.

The size of the patch is 4.75 in high and 4.375 in wide.

Above right: Al Karrar Brigade

Above left: First Crowd

Below right: Control Saver

Below left: Civil enterance

A Control Saver were troops started before the current National (Federal) Police and were responsible for the interior security.

Bob

This ia a Ministry of Interior, Emergency Crowds arm patch. The size is 4.375 in high, 3.50 in. wide at the arc and is velcro backed.

Arc: Ministry of Interior

Middle: Ministry of Interior

Below: Emergency Crowds

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

This is a 2006, Al Fahad (Leopard) Force Unit, 1st Crowd patch. It is machine sewn and 3.375 in. in diameter.

Above: Force of

Below: Al Fahad

Left: First

Right: Crowd

Bob