News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Besides the Kormoran document i posted earlier today i also picked up this set of documents from a crewman of the Hilfskreuzer Orion.

The EK2 and HSK doc's are signed by the ships Commander,Kurt Weyher.

It seems that after the Orion's return to Germany,Obermaschinenmaat.Storch joined the Minesweeper arm of the Kriegsmarine where he also received his EK1.

Regards,Martin.

• 3 months later...

This is a recent arrival.This HK document is from the "Stier" and signed by the Commander Horst Gerlach.

I guess i am getting kinda "hooked" on these HK documents.I think it would be great to have one award document from all of the nine main ships?

Regards,Martin.

• 1 month later...

This is a recent arrival.This HK document is from the "Stier" and signed by the Commander Horst Gerlach.

I guess i am getting kinda "hooked" on these HK documents.I think it would be great to have one award document from all of the nine main ships?

Regards,Martin.

Hello!

Martin

Very nice addition. :cheers:

All the best

Morten.

Well,i guess i am hooked. :whistle:

I just picked this small group of two "preliminary" award doc's awarded to a crewman from the 2nd cruise of the Thor and both signed by the Commander Gunther Gumprich in Yokohama,Japan.

Regards,Martin.

Well,i guess i am hooked. :whistle:

I just picked this small group of two "preliminary" award doc's awarded to a crewman from the 2nd cruise of the Thor and both signed by the Commander Gunther Gumprich in Yokohama,Japan.

Regards,Martin.

Beautiful and exotic, Martin. Keep 'em coming!!

Erik

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Martin and all:

Here is what I firmly believe to be an on-board issued equator crossing document from Orion. (I have known on-board documents from Komet and these match the same type of paper, printing and copy style)

Joe

That is a great document Joe.

Thanks for showing.

I thought i would post this "Thor" related document also.

You mentioned in the past that the crewmembers of the Thor,from both cruises,started their crew comerade group while the war was still in progress.

This is one of a few documents i have from their "Kameradschaft" meeting on 3 November 1943.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Martin:

That is a wonderful Kameradschaft document. I especially like the updates listed about the former crewmen. Orion started their Kameradschaft while the war was still raging too. (1943, I think) Here is the cover of their #3 Kameradschaft booklet.

Joe

Superb Joe.

I would imagine that most of the crews from the different ships had "Kameradschaft" groups?

Regards,Martin.

Yes Martin, most used to have a Kameradschaft. A couple started during the war, but most started a few years after the war ended. Here is a photo from Atlantis' first meeting.