Laurens Q

Hermann Lohbeck

4 posts in this topic

Hello gents,

I'm looking for a helping hand to explain this ribbon bar from Hermann Lohbeck (picture-postcard in my collection). It starts with the 1914 EK2 and the Bavarian Military Merit Order but troubles begin with ribbon n°3, one I cannot explain. I assume it continues with two Austro-Hungarian Military Merit Crosses, one having a wreath. Second to last is the Hindenburg cross, to make it end with the Hungarian Commemorative Medal. If my thoughts are correct, what could be ribbon number 3?

Thank you,

Laurens

He was presumably the Lohbeck of Silesian Pionier Bataillon 6--

Leutnant 24.05.12 vorpatentiert after May 1914

Oberleutnant 18.06.17 T

charakterisiert Hauptmann aD

and so

Major zV here, since he has no regular Wehrmacht long service awards.

Wretched doubled style ribbons-- not one clue. Not on any of the award rolls we've done. :banger:

AND what the heck is #5, the Austro-Hungarian generic bravery ribbon with no device-- since he would have alreay been an officer at the outbreak of the war? :banger:

Meanwhile, the naughty fellow is wearing his 1931 SA Treffen Braunschweig Badge-- which I do not think was authorized for wear on Wehrmacht uniforms. Despite having been an Old Fighter--presumably in the SA--he hasn't got an NSDAP long service award. :banger:

Just stumbled over this topic.

I have a couple things from Herman Lohbeck - got it from his nice as I remember correctly.

Anyway here is a photo of him in his SA uniform. And with a nicer ribbon bar.

20170116_211802-737x1017.jpg

20170116_211834-728x1075.jpg

ID: 4   Posted (edited)

Hi all - just stumbled on this. If it's of interest, I own one of his tunics. A Holters waffenrock that was re-tailored. It's one of my favourites :)

P62600192.jpg

P62600172.jpg

And the label it came with - 

P62600242.jpg

Anyone have any other items of his or further research on his career?

Cheers,

Brad C

Edited by Brad Cancian