News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My collection

Small part of my partisan collection. For my soul - only 41-45 period. If anyone has anything to offer we can trade for a kidney. ;)

TsQoyZ9.jpg

TsSNumJ.jpg

Some add-ons...

TsXH6Gi.jpg

My room is finally getting the real looks...

TsY7KJ0.jpg

TsYbI9i.jpg

One small part of the showcase...

Ts16zbBS.jpg

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Some other stuff including Yugoslav orders/medals and other I'll post some other day. Perhaps.

Edited by Explorer

Small part of my partisan collection. For my soul - only 41-45 period. If anyone has anything to offer we can trade for a kidney. wink.gif

TsQoyZ9.jpg

TsSNumJ.jpg

Some add-ons...

TsXH6Gi.jpg

My room is finally getting the real looks...

TsY7KJ0.jpg

TsYbI9i.jpg

One small part of the showcase...

Ts16zbBS.jpg

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Some other stuff including Yugoslav orders/medals and other I'll post some other day. Perhaps.

Dear Explorer,

My compliments for your pieces. The Albanian Partisan Army, adopt the Yugoslavian rank system, on the period May 1944 - May 1945. I have many photos of Albanian officers wearing this type of uniform, but I have never seen original rank pieces. I am interested to see other material of this period. I don’t know where was product this type of ranks, but now I think that those were product in Yugoslavia. What do you think.

Regards,

Artan

Hello.

Original 41-45 partisan insignia is very hard to find. If you have anything to offer or to show me from your collection we can continue this debate over the private messages. I am willing to trade for a kidney. :D My ranks were found here in Slovenia and are 100% original worn by Slovenian in partisan army. Rank: lieutenant. Albanian ranks are quite simmilar and I'm positive some were made in Yugoslavia since many Albanian orders were also made in IKOM and some even in Russia if I remember correctly. Just like Yugoslav ww2 orders who were also made in USSR. Cockades were also shipped from USSR and so on...Do you have any uniform in your collection? Regards.

Hello.

Original 41-45 partisan insignia is very hard to find. If you have anything to offer or to show me from your collection we can continue this debate over the private messages. I am willing to trade for a kidney. biggrin.gif My ranks were found here in Slovenia and are 100% original worn by Slovenian in partisan army. Rank: lieutenant. Albanian ranks are quite simmilar and I'm positive some were made in Yugoslavia since many Albanian orders were also made in IKOM and some even in Russia if I remember correctly. Just like Yugoslav ww2 orders who were also made in USSR. Cockades were also shipped from USSR and so on...Do you have any uniform in your collection? Regards.

Dear Explorer,

Unfortunately, till now, I have not find any original piece of the Mod.1944 uniform of the Albanian Partisan Army. The oldest uniforms of the communist period I have, are the uniforms of the Mod.1945.

Do you know, the material of the jackets and trousers of your ranks, is Yugoslavian or British production? From the color of your photos, I think that is British furniture.

I send you another photo of Albanian lt/col. in Mod.44 uniform. You can see that the piece of material, under the rank bands, is in color (perhaps red?). Exist this type of colors ranks on the yugoslavian system?

Regards,

Artan

Dear Explorer,

Unfortunately, till now, I have not find any original piece of the Mod.1944 uniform of the Albanian Partisan Army. The oldest uniforms of the communist period I have, are the uniforms of the Mod.1945.

Do you know, the material of the jackets and trousers of your ranks, is Yugoslavian or British production? From the color of your photos, I think that is British furniture.

I send you another photo of Albanian lt/col. in Mod.44 uniform. You can see that the piece of material, under the rank bands, is in color (perhaps red?). Exist this type of colors ranks on the yugoslavian system?

Regards,

Artan

We are quite moving away from the topic. Let us continue over the PM. I have sent you a message.

Regards

Yes, I don't even have one of each - what are the dates & details of the sidecaps please?

Thank you guys. Left sidecap is 100% original and worn, most probably 41-45 period. I can not tell for sure becouse these kind of caps were also worn few years after the war in the JA. The right one is from film/movie fund. I have some more caps with sewed stars, bulgarian partisan cap etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Explorer, a really outstanding collection!:love: No wonder why russian type spomenica's and orders are hard to find on Slovenian militaria shows! ;)

A remark for Artan - did you consider the opinion these rank insignia were made locally in Albania, from parts of italian or whatever else insignia? Slovenian partisan isnignia were mostly made locally, by the units themselves or by the local civilians, they used all kinds of materials, including parts of captured or civilian uniforms, or even civilian gold/yellow textile. In one slovenian museum is a partisan rank that uses a cloth with flower pattern for the gold part, which is surely from a non-military source. It's quite possible Albanian partisans made their ranks the same way, it would be easier than to transport them from somewhere else.